Matrox G400 Max not recognized by Win 98SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox G400 Max not recognized by Win 98SE

Installed G400 MAX with part number containing 4A but Win 98SE did not PnP when booting up. Also, Matrox CD couldn't find card for installation of utilities. I reseated card, fan runs but windows installs adapter for standard PCI display(VGA). Is card defected or??? Any help would be appreciated.

It's normal. Either go to Control Panel/System/Device Manager/Display Adapter/Driver and hit update driver and point the wizard to the location of G400 drivers (e.g. CD).

Or bring up Display Properties/Settings/Advanced/Adapter hit Change and do the same thing.

Asus A7V, Duron 600@900, 192MB PC133@100, G200, Guillemot MUSE, etc.

Comment

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo do not install the drivers that ship with it. Download and install the latest drivers 5.52 for win98 instead. You'll save yourself some problems
      [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
      Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
      Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
      Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
      Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

After you download the latest drivers for Windows 98, as DentyCracker suggests, unzip them into their own directory and run the setup program.

Paul
        paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

I'm having the same problem - I downloaded the latest drivers and it finally looked like I had things in order. I loaded the driver and rebooted, now I'm hung up at the win98 splash screen.

Any suggestions? - Thanks, this board is great!

Comment

Hi pdsman !

It sounds like plug&pray probs to me. I have had the same problems and it was IRQ-troubble (as usual).
            Try and boot in failsafe mode and look at your systemproperties. Is there any problem? Post your result please. It can help us help you.
            What is your system-spec? Mobo, soundcard and so on...

/Rimfaxe

[This message has been edited by Rimfaxe (edited 29 February 2000).]

Comment

Working...
            X