matrox bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matrox bios

I have an ATI card that displays an ATI logo from the bios at startup. Should my G400 Max card be displaying any kind of bios graphic at powerup - right now it does not.

I'm building an Athalon 650 system with an Asus K7M motherboard - I've got a G400 Max 32Mb AGP card but I can only get it recognized as a "Standard Primary Graphics Adapter (VGA)". The AGP miniport drivers loaded fine but my card seems kind of brain dead.

Any info would be appreciated - Thanks

Hi pdsman,

This is perfectly normal, we haven't seen a bios boot display for Matrox cards for some time now.

As far as your "problem" with your card not being recognized, you will have to download the drivers for your card and either run the setup for the drivers, or point windows to the drivers.

Rags

Comment

Thanks Rags

Only problem is that win98se does not recognize that I have a matrox card installed and when I insert the matrox cd mgautil.exe does not detect a matrox card either and forces me to abort loading the graphics drivers.

Comment

Have you checked your system BIOS settings to have the BIOS initialize the AGP slot first before PCI for video?

Also, disable automatic IRQ settings for the AGP slot. When i had that enabled it would always but the G400 on IRQ5.. disabled that and now its on 10.

CB
        Abit BX6 Rev.1
        Celeron 366A PPGA @ 566, 2.1v
        192 meg RAM, CAS2
        13.0 gig Maxtor 4320 HD
        6.0 gig Maxtor (in removeable drive bay)
        HP8110i 4x2x24
        Pioneer DVD-104
        SB Live! 1024
        USB ZIP 100
        G400 32MB DH 5ns RAM at 187/211
        Two KDS 17" Trinitron monitors
        YAMAHA HTR-5140 Reciever

Comment

also, make sure that you do have a standard vga controller in your system drivers, or else it won't detect it.

Comment

Working...
          X