Matrox Software DVD Player in Windows2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Software DVD Player in Windows2000

Has anybody had any luck or success installing the Matrox software DVD player in Win2k?

I tried installing it the other day and the Install Shield Wizard(sic) would begin, then it would just sit there. No CPU would be consumed, it did not access my HD, it would literally just sit there and begin spawning about 5 new ntvdm.exe processes. Kill task, kill 5 more tasks (ntvdm.exe ones), it's a no go.

Tried out InterVideo WinDVD and it worked great (once I figured out I had to bump my resolution down from 1600x1200) grrrr.

So anyway, since I have no experience with the Matrox player and only with WinDVD, here are a few more questions:
    1. WinDVD does not allow me to minimize the DVD window when using DVDMAX to pipe it out to a TV, thus my desktop isn't *completely* useable, although I just make the window really small and it's not that much of a problem. Will the Matrox player allow me to minimize the window and still play the DVD?
    2. Does the Matrox player have any special optimizations for the G400MAX that other players do not?
    3. Is the Matrox player even supposed to work under Win2k now or ever?

Thanks a lot for any info!

b

Some system specs, just in case:
    Celery 400@500
    Abit BM6 mobo
    G400MAX w/ 5.03 Win2k drivers
    Win2k final release (finally) BARE INSTALL. Only ONE pice of software installed, that's WinDVD. Plus, I had problems installing the Java stuff in Win2k, didn't care, I'm reinstalling in a week anyway, this was just a test install.
    if you need any more info, just ask

[This message has been edited by spoogenet (edited 27 February 2000).]
    Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Matrox software DVD is not compatible with windows 2000... simply use others such as windvd or powerdvd until a patch is released from Cinemaster (hoping that it will work with the Matrox software)

Comment

That's funny...
      I have used it since i installed W2000!
      it does some funny things nut works!

------------------
      INTEL PIII550 MSI 6163
      G400Mill 32MB SGRAM + RRG
      SBlive
      128 MB RAM CAS2
      19GB HDD Space! (6.4+13 quantum drives)
      Pioneer 104S DVD 10x CD 40x SLOT IN
      SONY CRX100E 4/2/24 CDRW

If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
      X