Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PD 4.43.033 for NT4 has also just left the building !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PD 4.43.033 for NT4 has also just left the building !!!

Grab it here ...

------------------
    Cheers,
    Maggi

Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

This might just fix the problem a lot of us G200 + NT4 users have been having. A lot of us got hard freezes with the 4.31 and 4.34 drivers. Also, quicktime movies looked like crap. The 4.22 drivers have been rock stable for us, though.

It's installed and things are looking good so far. If the day goes by without a hard freeze, I'd say that these drivers fixed that problem.

------

So far so good. Well, I'm a happy camper. I have absolutely no idea why I upgraded these drivers, though. The 4.22 drivers have been working absolutely perfectly flawlessly for me for several months now. And for the business (not gaming) use that I do with NT4 + G200, the performance has been plenty fast enough. Hmmmm... I guess I just want to stay on top of things.

[This message has been edited by Thundrchez (edited 25 February 2000).]

Comment

Maggi, you seem to have dedicated a whole PC to observe www.matrox.com's gfx card driver page or is this the content of your second monitor (dual head?)! Glad to know there is someone alerting me when I missed the news...

Comment

Actually,

Maggi has a sixth sense about Matrox drivers

Comment

Actually you both are right ...

a.) I smell it
          b.) I hear it
          c.) if that doesn't help, I use my refresh button on 2nd VGA

LOL

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
          Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
          be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
          4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
          2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
          OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
          4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
          Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
          Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
          LG BH10LS38
          LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

And it kinda helps a little when you get an e-mail directly from Haig saying something like "we just released the new NT drivers"
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I was hoping it would fix the lock-ups I experience under NT sometimes, but to no avail. I just locked up pulling down a menu in VC++. I had problems under 98, but fixed them by setting my G400 to AGP 1x and geting the IRQ's straightened out (above 7 and not shared, I think was the requirement.) Do any of the same issues apply to NT, and how would I check them out? Any ideas would be appreciated...

zaius

-Abit BP6 Dual Celeron 366 @550 (stable)
              -G400 32Mb
              -3Com 3c905b
              -128MB pc-100 sdram
              -WD Expert 13.6GB HD
              -Soundblaster AWE64
              -Pioneer DVD
              -Global Win FEP-32 Fan/Heatsinks on chips
              -2 80mm case fans

Comment

zaius, rule #1 with overclocking is that if your run into problems, underclock it back to spec and see if that was your problem.

They may be stable at 550 for some programs, but possibly not all. It is extremely difficult to identify what is the critical timing path in a part from running programs. It could be that 99% of the instructions work at 550MHz, but when you hit that 1 that can't keep up, whamo!

Comment

I'll give it a try. I never get lock ups under 98 anymore, How do I check the IRQ settings and stuff I fixed under 98 for NT? I heard from a matrox tech support guy that agp isn't supported under NT, which wasn't real clear...

zaius

Comment

Working...
                  X