X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new WIN2K driver 5.03

I think i finally figured it out !!! We
    harrassed matrox so much about new drivers
    that they decided to punish us all by releasing a driver (not beta) with all these known issues

- Viewports do not redraw properly in 3DSMax
    - Cursor leaves colored trails on desktop
    - Truespace 4 runs slow in dual head.
    - The mouse pointer flickers when
    viewing most 3D screen savers preview
    - Image doesn't playback properly in Lightwave 3D.
    - Solid Edge crashes when rotating an object.
    - Lines remain on movable toolbars in ProE.
    - Opening numerous OGL applications may result in a blue screen error. If you plan on opening an OGL application, closing it, and then opening another OGL application, you will have to reboot in between each application.
    pentium III @550mhz
    intel 440BX pci chipset
    512mb memory, g400max,
    cybervision C70 monitor
    win2000 on maxtor 8.4 gb

Since when is the blue screen OF DEATH a "blue screen error"? That's world class marketing-speak.

Comment

The mouse pointer flickers when
      viewing most 3D screen savers preview

Im going Home....

rob_b What did you want ? Everything works perfect, all million + software titles known to the History of the World will now work with no problems with Matrox products and W2K.

Creative:
      Savage 4 - TBA
      Banshee - TBA

ATi:
      ALL-IN-WONDER Products- beta-March
      ALL-IN-WONDER PRO Products-beta-April
      ALL-IN-WONDER 128 Products-beta-march
      ALL-IN-WONDER 128 PRO 32MB " "
      ALL-IN-WONDER 128 PRO Products'""
      ATI-TV and ATI-TV WONDER Products:No Support under Windows 2000 ‚ Please refer to ATI¼s trade up program at the following
      RAGE 128 PRO Boards-March-beta
      RAGE FURY MAXX-Baseline 2X support - July
      -beta-July

3DFX: no problems reported in their readme
      but check here if you want http://www.3dfxgamers.com/boards.asp?BOID=11&start=1

Comment

LAMFDTK:
        I'm not sure what I want from a driver at this point! It almost seems like the service standard keeps going down and down. All I did was paste the known issues from the matrox website. I agree with you , the flickering mouse is not a big deal. But I would think having to reboot because of using "numerous" OGL applications is a pretty big deal ???
        pentium III @550mhz
        intel 440BX pci chipset
        512mb memory, g400max,
        cybervision C70 monitor
        win2000 on maxtor 8.4 gb

Comment

I couldn't disagree more. I've found Matrox's service standard to have improved since the OpenGL debacle. And Matrox's NT support has not been dazzling since the introduction of the G-series. Practically from day one, there have been nothing but complaints from the NT camp and with cause.

I don't know if there is a board out without fairly serious issues in W2K, particularly in games. NVidia still gives their W2K drivers the "RC" designation. 3dfx appears to be having problems very similar to Matrox's. ATI doesn't appear to have their Windows 98 act together.

I guess I don't understand what frame of reference you're using when you claim a decline in the "service standard." The service standard for NT in general? The service standard for W2K?

Paul
          paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

I have to say this for Matrox- I've been using the release version on Win2K for a week now, using the 5.01 betas, and nearly every application I've tried has run well with these drivers, games included. Admittedly, I haven't tried all games, but for the drivers to work this well this soon after the final release of the OS is outstanding. Try to think back to when Win95 was first released, etc. Win98 doesn't count, and given the state of drivers for NT4 (based on posts here), I think the progress with the Win2K drivers is nothing short of miraculous. In fact, the only problems I've had with these (beta) drivers are that a few FREE 3D screensavers (OpenGL) seem to want to run as if viewed through a blind being rapidly flicked open and closed, and UT seems to have a problem remembering the brightness settings from one instant to the next.

------------------
            Ace
            "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
            Gainward Ti4600
            AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Working...
            X