No announcement yet.

Windows 2000 and New Drivers(Dual Head)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2000 and New Drivers(Dual Head)

Hey guys, well, I'm happy that Matrox is coming out with new drivers every other week... however before I format 98 (again) and throw W2K I'm going to make sure it all works. My question is simple.

Do the new W2K drivers make the Dual Head act like 98, or is it still one gigantic monitor where you can't change the properties for each individual monitor.

Hope the news is good.

-Adam

This is a Microsoft issue. Unlike Win98, Win2K does not recognize dual output from a single video card (likewise NT4). Word here is that Matrox are working with MS to include this capability in a future Service Pack. Meanwhile, using two video cards will give the results you seek.
    =========================
    <font size="1">ABIT VP6, Dual PIII 1.0Ghz's | 768 MB of Kingston RAM |
    Dual IBM C-71 17" monitors | Matrox G400Max | Seagate Cheetah 10k 9.1gb SCSI U2W drive | Adaptec 2940U2W SCSI Controller | Maxtor 60 GB and 80GB 7.2k IDE drives | Plextor Ultraplex 40max SCSI CD player
    and Plexwriter 24/10/40a writer | Seagate Scorpion SCSI DAT drive | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | LinkSys NIC | <a href="http://lianli.com/11302001jcL_pc_case/jclpccase/jclpccase/pc70.html">Lian Lee PC-70USB Aluminum Tower </a> with 430 watt power supply
    | assorted external SCSI and USB stuff | WinXP Pro</font></font>

Comment

Working...
    X