My g400 on irq 5 how do I move it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My g400 on irq 5 how do I move it?

Hey everyone I recently formatted my HD and it seems that My G400 is on irq5 now and from what I read everyone is saying that the g400 hates irq 5. personally I havent had any problems at all with but I dont wanna run into any either. I have Abit BE-6 motherboard so how do I go about changing the irq for agp because I cant seem to figure it out...Thanks

------------------
    Flux capacitor overclocked to 1.31 jigawatts
    Flux capacitor overclocked to 1.31 jigawatts

First if you don't have any problem, you can leave it there (mine was on IRQ 3 for a long time without problem).
    If you really want to change you Irq, you have to force an IRQ to the PCI slot 1 (it share its IRQ with the AGP slot), you can do it in the BIOS (PCI IRQ to...(something like that).
    Beware tough that you shouldn't use a PCI card which need an IRQ in The first PCI slot or you might have a conflict.

Hope this will help
    Martin

[This message has been edited by jackzod (edited 24 February 2000).]
    Athlon64 4800+
    Asus A8N deluxe
    2 gig munchkin ddr 500
    eVGA 7800 gtx 512 in SLI
    X-Fi Fatality
    HP w2207

Comment

If ain't broke don't fix it.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

So Eloquent PIT.
        And so true.

At least you'll know where to look FIRST if problems begin cropping up. But leave well enough alone.
        Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
        CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
        Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

most people see a good performance boost by getting the g400 on irq9 or higher, just allocate irq5 to isa in your bios and the g400 will be kicked off and switched with one of your pci cards, usually the sound card
          jim

------------------
          Abit BE6
          P-3 620 (5*124)
          128mb ram
          14.6 gb Maxtor ata66
          G400 vanilla 32mb @ 168/210
          384k DSL
          Windows 98se
          DX7a
          3dMark2000 = 2956
          PIII-500mhz @ 620 ! with an Abit BE6 mobo
          128mb pc-100 cas 2
          Mill G400 (vanilla!!!) 32mb @ 167/208 with MGATweak-417mhz, (2.5, 2, 2.5), PD 5.5010 & bios 1.5-22
          Maxtor 14.3 gb Uata66 hdd
          SB Live!
          Winblows 98se & DX7
          and 384k DSL!

Comment

I don't see why R-u-Ready has to force it in BIOS... if s/he just uninstalls the G400 (as would need to be done anyway to install the new drivers!!), when s/he reboots to VGA, the sound card will take IRQ 5, and when the G400 is reinstalled, it'll probably migrate to an IRQ from 9-11...

.....won't it??

-----------------------------
            Holly

[This message has been edited by HollyBerri (edited 25 February 2000).]

Comment

On my systems they like to put the AGP video on IRQ5 also. It never caused me a problem, and I found no noticable improvement benchmarking before and after moveing the IRQ. I did force it to a higher IRQ. Better safe than sorry, right?

Mark F.

------------------
              OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
              and burped out a movie

[This message has been edited by Mark F (edited 25 February 2000).]
              Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
              --------------------------------------------------
              OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
              and burped out a movie

Comment

I have a BE6 too and my G400 is also on irq5. I hassled with it for a while and finally got it to go to irq11 (through bios settings) and I noticed _significant_ improvements in gaming (like actually being able to use 32-bit color and a resolution above 6x4 w/out a slide show) and dvd playback.

If you can change it, I would really suggest going through the effort to do it, you will be happy.

joe

Comment

Working...
                X