G400 driver install issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 driver install issue

I'm using NTworkstation 4.0 @ SP6. I installed the G400/32 card and got the driver to workt. While experimenting with resolution settings I selected a setting that caused the screen to go blank, a situation that I was unable to recover from. I reinstalled my original card, uninstalled then reinstalled PowerDesk. Now when I restart the machine I get the default 16bit windows resoultion. Control Panel/ Display prompts me to install the driver for the card which I do. When I restart I get the same video resolution/prompt. Any ideas??

Does the 'Adapter' tab in the Display Control Panel say you're using the G400, or a VGA card?

And what happens when you try to change the resolution/color depth manually?

---------------------
    Holly

Comment

Thank you for the reply.

The adapter tab shows the G400.

When I try to change the resolution I see only the 640X480. I see no selections in the pull down menu for color pallette/refresh rate.

Comment

Do you have netmeeting 3 installed? If so remove that desktop sharing feature.

If you have any dial up programs such as PCAnywhere, Laplink, Timbukto,... then uninstall them, install your drivers and reinstall the programs.

Z

Comment

Did you install your monitor drivers? or are you set to default plug and play monitor?
          If you are on default you won't be able to make any selections

Comment

<u>Thank</u> you, jonng... that's something I hadn't realized!

Betcha that's the problem... Windows just looooves to install 'Default Plug and Play monitor' at the least little provocation...!

And choosing the wrong display/refresh is more than "a little" provocation

--------------------------
            Holly

Comment

Working...
            X