Matrox hates us Hardcore Mystique 220+RR Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox hates us Hardcore Mystique 220+RR Users

Ya...I know..I feel like the middle child that parents forget about when the new baby comes along. I have a confession to make:

I am using a Matrox Mystique 220 with Rainbow Runner Studio addon.

(Yes, old school compared to you guys with the G400 AGP whatever...)

The reason I'm bringing this up is that Matrox has pretty much forgotten about us down here at the bottom. What has it been..almost a year and a half since the latest Mystique 220 drivers been out? Previously, I didn't care much that the driver was outdated. It worked fine for me and I even rigged it so that the Rainbow Runner Studio would work in Dual Monitor mode with my ATI Rage 128 AGP (something that Matrox insisted could not happen .. or "did not support") But now, I've upgraded to Windows 2000 and well, I'm using the generic drivers that came with Win2K. (The old drivers for Mystique 220 98 and NT didn't work) But now, I can't use my Rainbow Runner Studio card.

Pretty much, Matrox doesn't care about us down here.

So, lately, I've been seriously considering the unthinkable. I've been thinking about...(gasp) trading my Mystique 220+RRS in for a ATI All-in-Wonder under the ATI trade-in program. In effect, I'd be giving up my bundle for under $40, but at least over at ATI, they care about me. (At least that's what I think now..)

I've been hearing talks about how the Win2K drivers will come out this week for the G400..any inside news about the "Old School Cards?" Should I just dump it for something else...Pretty much now, it's just sitting there sucking up electricity...

What are your thoughts about this? Are their any other "Matrox Orphans" around? Am I the last person to be using the Mystique?

You don't need to post the same question/comment in more than one forum in order to get replies.

Comment

Well, I think Matrox should of course naturally care about it's old loyal customers. But I am really, really wondering why on earth you have upgraded to W2k at all, if your priorities are on video editing. Not even all of the very latest Firewire cards are supported under this new operating system yet, how can anyone reasonably expect the support to be there right during the very first month it is published.

If I were you, I would go back to Win98, (or upgrade the card, if you really have to stay on the new OS.)

In fact, now that I come to think of it, I do have a video capture card that is not supported in W2k as well. Four years old FAST MM-2. I actually do not even expect them to deliver the drivers, ever, they said that they could not even possibly do the NT drivers, so I think it is pretty useless to assume they will produce wk2 drivers either. Are there NT drivers for the old RR?

M.
      year2000:Athlon500/MSI6167/256M/10GIBM/6GSamsung/18GSCSI IBM/CL2xDVD/RR-G/HPPSPrinter/G400DH32M/DeltaDC995/MX300/ADSPyro1394/AHA2940UW/3comXL100

Comment

I agree, you should go back to win98. The card was designed for this OS and not for newer ones such as 2000...

Comment

Actually... the card was designed for W95, which is still the best of the W9x line for NLE

Comment

Working...
          X