Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anamorphic Desktop?

Hi.
    I have a Marvel G400, and I am currently using a 16:9 NTSC TV as my only monitor (TV connected to secondary output, no connection on main output, and driver set to Dual Head.) Is there a way that I can set the signal to 16:9 so that the Widnows Desktop and all programs will fit perfectly on my screen? I am currently croping a bit off the top and bottom to make the fit as a function of the TV.

I'm a new Marvel owner, but I haven't seen anything on this with a quick scan of the forum.

Thanks.

hmm.. i think PowerStrip can help.. I think you can create resolutions with that proggy. make it 2048x768 or something, but then, i dont think the TV out of the G400 will support that..

unless you have an RGB in on the HDTV..

you can also create the resolutions via registry hacks..

maybe find a driver for a 16:9 screen and see if it can be modded in some way for the NTSC output..
    Abit BX6 Rev.1
    Celeron 366A PPGA @ 566, 2.1v
    192 meg RAM, CAS2
    13.0 gig Maxtor 4320 HD
    6.0 gig Maxtor (in removeable drive bay)
    HP8110i 4x2x24
    Pioneer DVD-104
    SB Live! 1024
    USB ZIP 100
    G400 32MB DH 5ns RAM at 187/211
    Two KDS 17" Trinitron monitors
    YAMAHA HTR-5140 Reciever

Comment

CrazyBee,

Thanks. I have actually looked for a 16:9 NTSC (I do not have HDTV) driver, but I haven't been able to find one. I guess that's what I get for having an unusual setup. Still, I would like to get this working correctly, so any other advice (or the location of a 16:9 screen driver) would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

MR(2?), Widescreen is something that so far, I have only seen supported by SGI display adapters, which are typically used on those lovely widescreen digital display panels graphic designers like myself often dream of.
        Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

Say MR, I'm told that the G400 in 16:9 is heavily discussed over at the AV Science Home Theater Computers forum. I believe they typically set up the custom resolution using PowerStrip. One thread in particular I found was "G400 and Custom Widescreen Resolutions" , but do a search and you'll probably find something a bit more staightforward.
          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

xortam: Wow! Great info at that link. Thanks. I'll give it a good read over and try it out.
            I appreciate it.

Comment

No problemo ... that's what they pay me for (btw, where's that paycheck?).
              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
              X