Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400

Hello.
    I've two 440LX-based PCs (one has an ASUS P2L97, the other a MSI 6118), with Celeron processors. I've tried to install a Matrox Millenium G400SH, but it is always
    recognized as a STANDARD VGA, even after the drivers are installed. Windows 2000 Device Manager says it cannot start the device (error code 10). On a 440ZX-based PC
    instead, the video card works perfectly in Windows 2000.
    The drivers are the latest beta available.
    Who can help me?

I think I can help you. Upgrade your win2K version to the final one..2195.

Office Max has them on their shelves for 179US.

Rags

Comment

Many LX based mobos don't supply enough power to the AGP slot to run a G400 (or many other up-to-date AGP cards). I'm pretty sure the P2L97 is one of them...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Kruzin is correct about the PS problem with your boards, but that will usually result in frequent lock ups in 3D. Some boards will work okay while others don't.

Rags

Comment

I had P2L97 and I was forced to buy new one about year ago because of TNT current requirement. I believe G400 has similiar power requirement.
          Are you running final version or RC? I just installed W2K on G400 and P2B and everything works o.k.

Comment

Working...
          X