Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G 400 MAX ,SB LIVE,ABIT BE6 II DON'T WORK ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G 400 MAX ,SB LIVE,ABIT BE6 II DON'T WORK ?

I bought G 400 MAX , ABIT BE6 II , P3 500, soundblaster Creative LIVE , Seagate 8,4

Sistem crashes everytime when instaling SB Live driver.BLUE SCREEN.

I use ATA 66 is this a problem ?

Windows 98 SE

HELP !!!

[This message has been edited by strel (edited 21 February 2000).]

[This message has been edited by strel (edited 21 February 2000).]

You're gonna have to give more to go on than that.
    What exactly is the problem, for example?
    "Don't work" don't cut it...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Also what version of liveware are you using.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I have a similar setup, except that I have the Vanilla G400 and a WD hard drive. Seems that I remember an issue with Seagate Hard Drives and Highpoint drivers. Here is a newsgroup that can probably help you:

alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit

If you go to www.abit.com Then to the US site...then tech support and choose that newsgroup...you can post the problem there. BTW...there is an issue with Liveware drivers...you must use Liveware 3.0 and the new updated drivers from 11/99 and then things clear up fast.

Bob

Comment

Friggin' Soundblaster Live...that's why I use Aureal cards

Comment

The SBLive! is a perfect soundcard! So let's not pump this thread up with non SBLive! cards are better or vice versa!

The SBLive! should work with the G400 just be sure to use the latest drivers for both and the latest bioses for mobo and graphics card. If you have all this, try a reinstall of Win98(se) with all the 'problematic' hardware installed!

It should work! Good luck!

Comment

I've been using the Live and Live! Value - No problems whatsoever...

Read the sig for my config.

Look at the suggestion for the highpoint driver and Seagate...

BE6 and BE6-II series have had no troubles for many with similiar combos..

Guyv!

------------------
              OK, Here's the rig...

ABIT BE6, PC Power & Cooling 425W ATX, PIII650E@866 (1.65V) with Alpha P3125S Cooler and 2 27CFM 4500RPM+ Fans, 2x128MB PC133HSDRAM, 2xQuantum Atlas 10K Ultra160/m 18.2GB Drives, Adaptec ASC-29160 Ultra160/m controller, Matrox G400MAX (not OC'd), SBLive!Retail, 3Com 3CR990-TX-95 NIC, 3Com USRobotics 56K Voice Faxmodem Pro (USB/Serial), HP Deskjet 895CXi (USB/Parallel), HP 6200Cse Scanner (USB/SCSI), Iomega ZIP 100 ATAPI, HP 8200i ATAPI, Matshita 3X DVDROM ATAPI, Kenwood 52X TrueX Ultra SCSI, Cambridge Soundworks DTT2500 Dolby Digital Sound System

Did I get too much? No!
              Did I spend too much? (Total package about 5.5KUSD) - I'd say that's a Yes!
              Am I having too much fun? Absolutely!
              Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
              - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
              - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
              - 6.1 Digital Audio
              - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
              - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
              - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
              - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
              - LS120 IDE Floppy
              - Zip 100 IDE
              - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
              - NEC FE950
              - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

He may be having an IRQ problem when Soundblaster emulation installs.

Strel, try disabling a couple of things before installing the soundcard's drivers, like USB and a COM port you are not using. Your soundcard requires at least two IRQ's, and you might need to make room for it.

Paul
                paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Paul: I doubt that it's the SB emulation because if there is no IRQ left it will just tell you that it did not find an IRQ and will not load the driver so I'm 99% sure this is not the problem he's facing.

Is there however more info you can send us on your problem?

To check whether or not it's the 400 and the SBLive, try using a friend's gfx card and try installing the SB Live! drivers. Make sure it's LW3.0 you are installing because this is the most painless installation of all! =)

Once the soundcard runs, get your G400 back into the system and deinstall the gfx card drivers as well as the G400 drivers and do a reinstall of the latest G400 drivers.

Comment

Is this a new installation of a BE6 with an existing HD (and thus, existing Windows installation)? If so, it may be related to a similar problem I just had. I just upgraded to a BE6-II from a BH6. All other variables remained the same (TNT1 video, WD Expert HD, Turtle Beach Areal sound card). Installing the new MB caused some new hardware to be detected in Windows, and I could not successfully perform a hardware detection or installation without a total lock in Windows. I desparately searched the newsgroups/forums for answers... found many posts describing similar situations, but unfortunately the only answer I found that worked was a total format & re-install of Windows. In my search, I did see lots of posts regarding the combination of BE6 & Live, but I didn't pay much attention to them since that wasn't my combo. You might want to do a deja news search for BE6 & Live.

Good Luck!

Comment

Another thought. Make sure that the SB Live is in either PCI 2 or PCI 4. Remember...PCI 1 shares same IRQ as AGP and PCI 3 shares with IDE 3 (ATA 66 Controller). Have you tried moving the sound card? Mine is in PCI 4 set at IRQ 3. DOS emulation is IRQ 5. I only use Com 1, so I disabled com 2...allows the SB Live a decent IRQ.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                      X