Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black horizontal lines with G400

Hi!
    I have bought a new G400 16MB and whenever I scroll quickly through a page I get some thin, black horizontal lines on the screen.I also get them when I play the Earth bumpmapping demo in a window. Have you seen anything like that?
    There seems to be not heat- or memory-related problem since I can easily run the card at 150/200. The lines appear even with non-overclocked G400 and CPU, and with AGP forced to 1x. I have tried several driver versions (5.30, 5.41 and 5.50b) but the lines are there when I scroll quickly.
    BTW, I have no shared IRQs and generally the system is rock solid. There are no other forms of screen corrpution in 2D and 3D.
    Thanks.
    Asus A7V, Duron 600@900, 192MB PC133@100, G200, Guillemot MUSE, etc.

Can you be a little more specific. What does "search on flicker" mean?
    Thanks

------------------
    Celeron 500, Soyo 6BA+ IV, 128MB PC100, G400 16MB, SB Live!, Quantum FB CX 10GB UDMA 66

Comment

Click on Search on the top right of your screen. Type in flicker. Press Perform Search. Press some of the hits...
      Or just take a look at this thread: http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/004651.html
      Jan

[This message has been edited by jms (edited 21 February 2000).]

Comment

Thanks!
        So basically I should understand that:
        (1) the flickering problem is quite widespread with G400 16MB models but not others and even some G200 boards
        (2) so far nobody isolated the cause of this problem
        (3) there is no known remedy other than underclocking your card (which I will not do)
        (4) matrox has been, as many other times, quite un-helpful with this issue
        (5) in at least one instance the problem aggravated as time went by (this is bad!)

What puzzles me the most is the fact that this does not seem to be an issue related to heat
        or bad memory/chipset. I can run my card at 150/200 without problems and the lines are not
        significantly more visible. I hope Matrox will at least acknowledge the problem and explain
        the reason behind it (HINT!).

Thanks again.

------------------
        Celeron 500, Soyo 6BA+ IV, 128MB PC100, G400 16MB, SB Live!, Quantum FB CX 10GB UDMA 66

Comment

Do a search on flicker.
          -jm

Comment

Working...
          X