Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DV500+G400 and video overlay

Happy new year, everyone!!

I recently got my DV500 up and running, and it seems to work OK, although I haven't had the time to test it properly yet. One thing I have noticed though, is that when viewing videoclips in Premiere 5.1c or Mediaplayer they seem underexposed (which they aren't when viewing on a TV-monitor). Is there any way to tweak the overlay settings to compensate for this problem??

I'm currently running Win '98SE due to the lack of NT drivers for DV500...

By the way... Does anyone have an idea why my Quantum Viking II LVD SCSI-harddrive is losing out to my IDE system disk when it comes to write-speed (the DV500-utility measure it to only 4,7 mb/s, although it read-speed is 12+ mb/s)?

I have a Asus P2B-S motherboard with an Adaptec AIC 7890 SCSI-controller onboard, 384 mb RAM and a PII 350.

Øyvind

[This message has been edited by Oyvind (edited 04 January 2000).]

Its good to hear that somebody is able to actually do some NLE with some of this new hardware. As many, I'm still wondering if I shouldn't forget about the RT2000 and get my order in for the RT2001 or 02 or 03... . No, I don't want a beta system in anretail box, but at least a heads up from Matrox would be nice.

Anyway, I wanted to tell you why your Quantum drive is probably not performing as you had hoped. Check to see if the drive has write cache enabled. Alot of these types of drives have read cache enabled but write cache disabled. For video apps you defeinitely want to enable it. How do you do that? I havent done it on a Quantum drive, but it may be a jumpper setting or you may have to run a small bios app that you can probably get from Quantum. It's actually quite simple and should only take a couple of minutes.

When you get it working, Praise the Lord and let us know how your DV500 is working out. How slow is it to output to DV?

Thanks
    Bondslave of Messiah

Comment

Thank you!!!

That did the trick. Just as you said - a little bios setting. Finally I can use the disk for what it was intended for!!

Again: Thanks a lot!!

Regards,
      Øyvind

Comment

Working...
      X