Where do I find the OpenGL driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I find the OpenGL driver

I would like to use the Matrox Windows 98 SE OpenGL driver, with my Mechanical Desktop 4 software program. I have hardware acceleration enabled in the program, but the only OpenGL drive listed is Wopen16.HDI.(BTW, does anyone have a idea what the 16 in the drive title neans?)Where do I search for the Matrox driver, so I can put it in the path? Thanks for your effort, Designer

Designer,
    Assuming you have a Matrox G400.
    Look for an opengl32.dll in your app's dir.
    If you find one rename it to opengl32.bak.
    This will cause your app to find the matrox driver.

This advice is very generic, so your milage may vary.
    chuck
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I found the file and renamed it. The app software dialog box requires that I input a driver file name. At present it is wopen16.hdi. This driver is part of the app software porgram. Can I assume that this driver is overriding the Matrox opengl driver? Can someone please give me the file name for the Matrox opengl driver name for windows 98 SE. I am running a G400,DH,32mb. thanks, Designer

Comment

It's called G400ICD.dll Good luck...

------------------
        AsusP2B ,iCeleron525(7x75), 128megs PC100, G40032megSH, Yamaha PCI sound, 2 small HD's, 42X Sony CDrom and 98SE w/shutdown patch, PD 5.5010, 1 grey cat, one black cat and one calico

AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

hmmm....
          "wopen16.hdi"?
          Is that a Heidy(sp?) driver?
          Anyone have a guess?
          chuck

[This message has been edited by cjolley (edited 17 February 2000).]
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

Yea...that's a Hiedi driver.
            AFAIK, by using the Heidi OGL Hardware driver, you are using the ICD (otherwise it would not be hardware).

I have selected the same thing in my ACAD2000 rendering options, but a machine here at work with an old ATI (non-OGL) card does not run with the hardware option...I must choose software OGL....
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
            X