Haig, or someone else....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haig, or someone else....

Is there a way to set a specific IRQ setting for Matrox G400 MAX? In software maybe? I am having troubles running games(winamp 3D plugins work fine). Read my other post for more details( http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/007798.html ). I have been able to juggle IRQ's for my other hardware, except for my G400... Is it possible? Thanks
    Epox 8RDA+
    AMD XP 2500+ w/ Alpha PAL 8045
    512mb Samsung PC2700 DDR
    ATI 8500 64mb
    Hercules Fortissimo II
    Tekram DC-315U
    Pioneer DVD 303S
    Pioneer DVR-106
    Zip100 Internal
    Logitech MX 500 Mouse
    Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro
    Seagate Barracuda ATA IV 80 gig HD
    Seagate Barracuda ATA IV 40 gig HD
    LG Flatron 795FT+
    Sennheiser HD 570 Headphones
    Altec Lansing 641 Speakers

Is your Max still sharing with your NIC? Try moving your NIC to another slot.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

There is an ol' "irqset" program that Matrox has on its utility downloads page. I've used it before, but I think it may be only for PCI video cards.

At the time, I had problems with my Millennium sharing the IRQ with the mobo-integrated SCSI controller. Unfortunately, the IRQ was hardware shared between the scsi and pci slot #4, so that when I tried to change the Mil's IRQ with irqset, it hung the system. I had to move the Mil to a different PCI slot and then everything was fine.

Comment

Doh! =) I forgot about moving cards around! Paul, any suggestions on which slot? I can show you which slots are being used and which ones aren't.

Here they are:

AGP - G400 MAX
        PCI #1 - unused
        PCI #2 - unused
        PCI #3 - unused
        PCI #4 - SB Live
        PCI #5 - Hauppauge Win/TV
        PCI #6 - 3COM NIC

Which slot would be best? My free IRQ's are 3, 4, 7, and 12. I had tried to shuffle IRQ's with PNP off, but it would change IRQ allocation whenever I made changes. By that, I mean almost all IRQ's changed.

Anyways, I have to get going, but thank you for you suggestions. I'll check back later.
        Epox 8RDA+
        512mb Samsung PC2700 DDR
        ATI 8500 64mb
        Hercules Fortissimo II
        Tekram DC-315U
        Pioneer DVD 303S
        Pioneer DVR-106
        Zip100 Internal
        Logitech MX 500 Mouse
        LG Flatron 795FT+

Comment

Just Jugle them around... If the SB Live! has it's own IRQ and is happy where it is I wouldn't move that... that SB can be a pain...

Move the NIC into Slot 2 or 3... Usually you try to stay away from the Last and First PCI slots... but it also depends on the MoBo and how it's wired...

Put on your Fav. music and play musical chairs...

Enjoy..
          Craig

[This message has been edited by Stringy (edited 17 February 2000).]
          1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

You have 2 Adaptecs and our card listed on irq 10 but only 1 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
            listed for irq10. This usually is a motherboard bios problem. Check to see if there is a bios update for your mobo.

I don't think that any bios will allow you to assign aspecific irq for an AGP card. Your best bet would be what everyone has suggested - move some pci cards around.

Another thing you can try is to boot up in safe mode, goto device manager and delete all multiple entries of each device.

Thunder - correct. That irqset is only for PCI cards.

Haig

Comment

Thanks for confirming that I have to play musical chairs, Haig.
              I have a dual channel SCSI onboard. I would think that it has an IRQ for each channel. http://www.tyan.com/products/html/s1836dluan-bx.html I could be wrong tho. Can anyone confirm that? Thanks.

There is an update for my BIOS, but I think I have to have a regular PS/2 keyboard so the motherboard will recognize when I am trying to update the bios(already tried it earlier, but my USB only keyboard wouldn't fire up in time). I'll see if I can borrow a regular keyboard from someone.. Thanks again.

P.S. I have already tried deleting one of the SCSI adapters in Device Manager, but win98 autodetects it after a reboot. Or were you telling me to delete the IRQ holder?
              Epox 8RDA+
              512mb Samsung PC2700 DDR
              ATI 8500 64mb
              Hercules Fortissimo II
              Tekram DC-315U
              Pioneer DVD 303S
              Pioneer DVR-106
              Zip100 Internal
              Logitech MX 500 Mouse
              LG Flatron 795FT+

Comment

Grail - Go into "Control Panel" and select the device you want to deactivate. Click on "Properties" and, under the "General" tab, select "Disable in this hardware profile". Reboot.

Comment

I think the scsi will have only one irq.
                  Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                  X