Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you put a Voodoo 2 card on a G400 or G200 system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you put a Voodoo 2 card on a G400 or G200 system?

For the OpenGL and Glide support? Or have they perfected (or nearly) the OpenGL drivers on the G200 or G400?

Thanks!!
    Self love is not such vile a sin, then self neglecting! -Henvy V

I retired my Voodoo2 a month after I got My G200. Many people still use them together to get the FPS out of the Voodoo in OGL games, but those who prefer image quality over FPS go with the G200.

The only reason for Voodoo with a G400 is if you have Glide only games you want to run. Otherwise, G400 does it all...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Yup!

If you insist on useing the V2, do it with the G200. If your monitor has VGA and BNC connections, you can keep the G200 exellent 2D output intact, by useing the (15 pin)VGA for the G200, and the BNC connection for the V2. That way you avoid degradeing the G200's out-put, because you don't use the pass-through cable.

Mark F.

------------------
      OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a CD

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
      --------------------------------------------------
      OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
      and burped out a movie

Comment

What? voodoo actually has full OpenGL support? When did that happen? Last that I've heard it was still a mini-gl, but I have not kept up with the voodoo news much lately.

With a G200, a voodoo2 is not too bad of a choice to get much faster fps. However, it is very noticable that the g200 video quality is better than the voodoo2.

With a g400, the only reason to have a voodoo2 around is for glide games. Yuck. I would not recommend mixing and matching a g400 with a voodoo2. Just go with the g400.

Comment

3dfx had to produce an ICD before Quake3 demos were released, and produced something just in the nick of time. No miniGL's for Quake3.

Paul
          paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

hey tony, if you decide not to use the voodoo2, i will gladly take it off your hands for ya....

hehehehehehe, beer is food!

cheers!

Comment

LOL if I decide to give it away you will be the first one I give it to! LOL

I have this Canopus Pure 3D II that I spent good money on and don't want to retire it quite yet.. I guess the G200 would be the Best choice... Thanks!!

Work hard, Play hard!
              Self love is not such vile a sin, then self neglecting! -Henvy V

Comment

Working...
              X