New NT4 drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New NT4 drivers

Anyone else noticed that the "Use single display before logon" option no longer works in the new NT4 PD drivers (4.42)?

Ho hum...

------------------
    Chris Blake

Home System:
    Epox MVP3G5, K6III450, 256Mb RAM, 13.6Gb ATA66 HDD G400Max DH, SBLive! Value and whole load of other stuff

Work System:
    Dell Precision220 Dual PIII 533, 128Mb RAM, 20Gb ATA66 HDD, G400Max DH, and even more other stuff
    Chris Blake

You must be the only NT 4 user left!

Paul

Comment

No, I'm other... Or in fact will be, when NT-drivers provides good enoug support for opengl gaming... and i'd like to know have anyone tried those new drivers. I'd just like to change my 98 to NT, because it's more stable (not too much problems with 98, but i still like NT more). I'm studen't and I won't spend my money to purchase 3rd licence from MS. I All ready have 95 and student licence for either 98 or NT4.

J.
      -J-

Comment

Won't be changing to Win2K just yet, I have a healthy paranoia about new MS products.

[This message has been edited by Chris Blake (edited 14 February 2000).]
        Chris Blake

Comment

Chris !
          Have you installed and tried latest NT4 drivers ??? Experiences ??

J.
          -J-

Comment

The new NT drivers appear to be just fine, however I can't say that I'm pushing them that much, I'm only really running 2D apps at the moment.

Weirdest thing though the "Use single display before logon" that I though was broken, now isn't, it suddenly started working the other day after a reboot. I've rebooted this machine numerous times since installing the new drivers and not changed anything so go figure.

Come to think of it, I installed the new win9x drivers on my home machine a couple of days ago and when I turned it on last night my monitor positioning in the display properties had reversed - weird. Maybe sunspots or something.
            Chris Blake

Comment

Uncle Joe said gaming and NT4 in the same sentence.

Perhaps you like software mode too.

Comment

Working...
              X