Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450? G800?

Hi,
    Where can i read up on these cards? I have a g400 max and love it! But I am just curious as to what the g450 and g800 will have in em. I won't get the g450 though, too soon after my g400 max. But the g800 will be my next card prolly. I love matrox...

Zippy, Matrox has always been *very* secretive about this sort of stuff until they actually announce the product. Then, of course, you can't get them to shutup!

Everything we "know" is based upon rumors circulating around the Internet.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

naturally. I remember wanting a g400 max based on internet rumors. Then not hearing anything and wanting a tnt2u. Then hearing too much about the g400 series and loving it and buying it.

But where can i see these internet rumors at least?

Comment

Best source of Matrox trueths and roumers is of cource here and on ANT's site. Heck he (and some of the rest of us) make up most and the best ones.
        No really

Mark F.

------------------
        OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a CD

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
        --------------------------------------------------
        OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
        and burped out a movie

Comment

ANT's site? can i have a URL?

Comment

is ant's site the beloved matroxusers.com? If so i haven't seen any rumors about the stuff on the cards.

Comment

I've posted every rumour there has been which is not much.

I don't make them up I pay hard cash for real rumours from the people that know

Comment

And they make them up.

Paul
                paulcs@flashcom.com

Comment

let's not get too excited here folks...the G800(or whatever it will be called)will be going up against the updated Geforce card(nv15),it's supposed to be out in april or may,either way it's going to be a close race between both since the tecnical problems needed to make cards that fast are the same for both companies,unless the rumor of the new matrox card being a multichip desing is true...oh by the way,3dfx is showing their cards at this years cebit in germany(late february/early march),but guess what they will only be showing the single chip and 2 chip version of their cards,the voodoo5/6000 won't be out at the same time as the others,is it me or is 3dfx digging their own grave here,because they stand a good chance of being beat by both nvidia and matrox in the comming months(talk about your plot twists here )
                  note to self...

Assumption is the mother of all f***ups....

Primary system :
                  P4 2.8 ghz,1 gig DDR pc 2700(kingston),Radeon 9700(stock clock),audigy platinum and scsi all the way...

Comment

i'm gonna send an email to diane vanasse (matrox pr rep) to see if i can get on the list for receiving a G450...that would be awesome. ant probably already has his

------------------
                    ----------------
                    Pentium III 500@620
                    Soyo SY-6BA+4
                    128MB Corsair PC133 (soon to be 256MB)
                    IBM 34GXP 13GB, ATA-66
                    Pioneer 10x DVD
                    G400MAX at 150/200
                    Viewsonic PF790 19"
                    Sound Blaster Live! Platinum
                    Klipsch Promedia v.2-400
                    Supermicro SC-750A

Comment

cole

If you have a g400 max I don't really see why you would want a g450. T&L thusfar has shown minimal advantages due to the fact that there is no full T&L API. DX8 will be the first FULL one. If you had a g400 16MB or any other card I'd say go for it but, IMHO g400 max to g450 is not going to be such a massive power leap.

Comment

more Matrox rumor

February 12th 2000 00:25 EST
                        Hint at Matrox's Next Card?
                        SOURCE: Webdog CATEGORY: Hardware News BY: Don Blackman

Alex "Cybermind" Redman of Zen Tao Interactive has updated his .plan with word of his trip and a mention about a tech demo they're working on for Matrox's next card. Dig it in it's full glory:
                        Feb 11th, 2000 Back from my trip to Toronto, all went *very* well. 'Nuff said, for the moment at least, so a quick change of topic for now.

Keep your eye on Matrox.. they are going to kick some major ass in the next quarter. Zen Tao Interactive is working on some aspects of a techdemo for Matrox' next generation board, but I can't say much more, so don't ask, period.

It might be wise to hold off on buying that GeForce. Something wickeder is just around the bend with your name on it.

Cyber

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

That didnt come out quite the way I thought it would.

I wrote the first line, everything after is just cut and paste from www.3dnews.net, sat Feb 12 if anybody is interested.

Comment

zippy,

i am perfectly happy with my g400 max. i would not buy a g450, rather try and receive one for review so that i can tell people with a tnt or g200 what kind of upgrade it is.

Comment

d'oh! i might do that myself...naturally after i do a review or 2 for a site!

Comment

Working...
                              X