G400 TV cd install problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 TV cd install problems

it's been a long week. I got the G400 TV in last wendsday and proceeded to attempt to install it in my system. The specs are:

Old Socket 7 w/ award bios.
    AMD 300
    128M

The AGP options in the bios setup are:

4-64M ram
    2x on or off

I tried it under win95 and it didn't work so I reformatted the disk and tried win98. The problems are: (NOTE: the monitor is a Hitachi CM751 and is installed).

1: when the CD install comes up it says that it can't see the drivers (even after it installs them) It then does an install and when I select restart it locks up.

2: If I install the latest video driver from matrox it will allow me to change my resolution but at some point the display goes funky with what looks like overscan issues.

3: If I attempt to install the video tools I get an error that it doesn't work with the version of driver/ or driver not installed.

the properties says that G400 is the driver.

This is _very_ frustrating. I'm sorta stuck in 95/98 world due to the Avid capture software (I _shouldn't_ have to pay more $$ to get a different software package), otherwise I would attempt NT workstation but I'm finally at the end of my rope from the 98 attempts.

I have done searches and played with the AGP settings in the bios with no relief. Also my AGP memory only goes to 64M not 256M as some other posts have recommended setting it to.

Any help/suggestions? Barring that, any suggestions on a motherboard that _will_ work for this thing.

thanks,
    bobm
Working...
X