Multitexturing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multitexturing question

If someone could explain me why 3Dmark (99,2000) shows no improvement in fill rate when using multitexturing with G400? In fact, my fill rate score is even few % slower with multitexturing (239 vs 235). I had TNT, V3, TNT2, Savage4 and their result with multitexturing is much higher then with singletexturing. Is this hardware or driver problem or just 3Dmark dislike G400?

Look at the numbers again and think well before complaining again. If you notice, the TNT, V3, S4 single texture fill-rate is almost *HALF* of the G400.

The G400 has 2 rendering pipelines that are always in use. If it´s doing single texturing, it pumps out 2 single textured pixels at once. If it´s doing multitexture, it pumps 1 multi-textured pixel in 1 clock cycle.

So what you are seeing is a very efficient hardware with good drivers. TNT´s and S4 suposedly are able to do it too (2 rendering pipelines), but drivers were keeping it from its full potential. I thought Nvidia had already corrected that. About the V3, it is really hardware limited. It only can use the 2nd pipeline if the game uses multitexture. If not, there you have, your fillrate has been cut in half.

Comment

Working...
    X