Desktop Video World, Movie Showcase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desktop Video World, Movie Showcase?

Hi, I have tried before to upload a movie file as directed on the site but have failed dismally, either it timed out, or i think i have succeeded only to see nothing in result.
    (no change in the board i mean)

I would like to ask Chris aka This_idiot :O)
    i love the new site by the way :O)

if there is an alternative method to getting files on there?

Here is a link for the a 3.6 mg zip file
    i wish to submit. It unzips into a 2min asf file and parodys events in a certain series of movies by Mr Lucas :O)
    http://members.xoom.com/cmb6183/parody.zip

I would like to ask if you would link to the file on your avi showcase!
    that is asuming you like it and dont think it sucks :O)

good look with the new site and i hope the rave reviews continue :O)

CMB
    Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Hi CMB,

For obvious reasons I can't pick up everyones AVIs from across the web and store them, which is why there is anonymous FTP access. I just checked it out in case it had got Millennium bugged but it took my little file without a problem.

The second part is not as simple. For the uploaded file to appear in the matrix, you have to email with it's details. Then I update the site and everyone gets to see the matrix entry. I've been doing a bit of research on a submission form that does most of this automatically, but it is beyond the bounds of basic HTML and Javascript, and while I can turn my hand to a bit of ASP, trying to get it linked into the servers is an administrative nightmare.

Try FTPing the file again and let me know what error messages you get.

Comment

Thank you :O)
      i'll rezip the file along with a text file giving all the details
      and i'll try to upload it later :O)
      Thanks again

CMB
      Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

Hi, i uploaded it last night but was only able to post on the board just now for somew reason???
        anyhow there should be a 3.6mg zip file on your ftp called parody.zip
        it has the asf file and a text file in there
        please let me know if i uploaded it right and you got it :O)
        thanks

CMB

Comment

CMB,

Just this minute finished linking it. I like the rotoscoping, that must have taken a while !

I couldn't get audio to work, every time I loaded up Mplayer it shot off to the web to download a codec (it wouldn't say which one) but never found it. Oh well !

Chris

Comment

Thanks, it did take a while.

I used an 11khz mono mp3 codec
            i got the option when i installed the Windows media creator thing, (the new version i think the one i had before that was a beta)

shame cos the sound sets of the rest of it
            ah well glad you liked it

ive another ill upload later too if thats ok,
            its a tounge in cheek Geforce promo, that people over in the Matrox Hardware forum seem to like :O)
            heres a link to the thread if your interested
            http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/006906.html

thanks again Chris :O)

CMB

Comment

Hi CMB,

I liked your video especially the lighting effect on the swords, question did you use video paint to paint over the actual video or something else.
              because that must of taken you hours to go through it frame by frame or am I wrong ?

Thanks,
              Elie

Comment

Hi
                yes i used video paint and it took a long while :O)
                25 frames = 1 second
                about 60 secs of footage = 1500 frames

aghhhhhhhhh
                lol

but its ok in the end.. i wanted to go back and add the white core to the image but really couldnt be bothered after that :O)

it still has the 'cool' look to it

One guy actually mailed me and asked where i can buy the light sabres from cos his toys R us just stock the regular kids ones :O)

A question for you?
                Did the sound play ok for you?

what do think of the quality of encoding, would you have prefered more detailed vid over a shorter download time?

Comment

Hi CMB,

Video paint eh..I new it

The sound was great no complaints.
                  The encoding, for internet distribution is more then good enough, I have cable modem and it didn't take long to download
                  I think people wouldn't mind downloading files 4-5 mb in size, though anything above that well... they might think twice

What can I say about the acting bit, just noticed the one guy smiling throughout the combat scene hehehe.

Good job.
                  Cheers,
                  Elie

[This message has been edited by Elie (edited 04 January 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                  X