Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR-G not detected...

hi

i've fixed my Matrox RR-G series (using PCI slot 3) onto my motherboard, but it is not detected by the BIOS. which is the best PCI slot to use? it is not detected in win98 either but under matrox display properties, RR-G is listed as an add-on card. it is not listed in device properties.

does anyone know the IRQs for all the PCI slots? can let me know?

can RR-G be run on NT4?

my system specs:
    MSI 6120 motherboard
    dual celeron 400
    192mb
    matrox G400 DH 16mb
    creative vibra soundcard (PCI Slot 4)
    linksys ethernet card (PCI Slot 2)

PCI slots 1, 3, 5 are empty

flick

The Rainbow Runner G-series does not require an IRQ. As a result, most people put the board in PCI 1, right next the the G200/400.

According to the minimum system requirements listed by Matrox in all Rainbow Runner documentation I've seen, the board requires either Windows 95 or 98. I do not believe there is NT support.

Have you installed Video Tools? You should download the latest version. I would recommend not installing the version on the CD.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Just a note, for rock-solid driver stability, use Powerdesk 5.30.007 and Video Tools 1.51. Works great for me. Once you get that going well, upgrade to 5.41 and 1.52 and see if that works.

- Aryko

Comment

Flick,
        Your motherboard BIOS won't detect the RR-G, nor will Windows Device Manager (I think). Check your display properties -> advanced - > information.

If I use my RR-G in PCI 1 (next to my G400) I get very slight banding/picture interference. Moved it to PCI 5 - no problems.

Comment

Working...
        X