G400 Max Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 Max Feedback

After becoming owner of the G400 Max , the only thing that I enjoy 100% is the clear DvD play back both on my monitor and TV , plus the clear 2D display on my monitor for normal application softwares.
    When comes to gamings , beside the games that comes with the driver installation disk , it is a total disspointment !!! Q2 and Q3 cannot select the G400 Max due to no "icon" or "wording" for selecting this card. SWAT III hanged when select G400 Max card and others games do not seem to function well with this G400 Max card.
    I have installed the beta driver of PD5.50.01 and the latest TubolGL and it is still the same even slow down the games and with tearing image effects.
    Anyone can advise how to go about it to use this card for proper gaming ? As I have read so many reviews on how good this card performance for gaming , it still have not prove to me yet.
    For my old V2 SLI cards , any games throw at them. It will perform without any problem.
    Please help.

Well it sounds like you have a driver problem with your MAX. Did you ude the PD-Uninstaller to get rid of previous driver versions before installing the current ones? Also, if you had a graphics card prior to the MAX, then you have to get rid of -all- of its components also or it'll cause problems.
    Its hard to suggest a fix since we don't have any info on your system.. irq list, hardware history, specs etc all help us to get you up and running.

Also, the TGL does NOT work with Voodoo2 boards in your system (unless you disable V2 D3D support.. then it usually works).
    Since you have a SLI rig and TGL installed, its no surprise that your OpenGL games crash out. Delete the opengl32.dll (I think its called that.. may be slightly differant) from your Q2, Q3 etc directory, then try running the games again.

Comment

Working...
    X