So what is a poor videographer to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what is a poor videographer to do?

What is the best package out there for editing DV on the desktop for an event videographer also doing low budget local commercials? Or do I have to piecemail a system together (which i'd be willing to do)?

DV Raptor and friends seems to be the only REAL DV editing option that people don't overly complain about to much. I really really want the RT2000 to be real, but i can't just click my heels together: "There's no place like the shelves, there's no place like the shelves."

I've heard only bad things about Pinnacle. If i don't feel like waiting for the RT2000 do i go with the DVRaptor stuff? How does the cost of a DVRaptor (with all the supporting gizmos) compare with the cost and performance of the Digitsuites? Or is it best to pick a capture card here, a display card there?

Jon

How long can you wait ?

I'm waiting for tomorrow to find out what the release schedule for the DV500 is (was). This is because the majority of the UK has been on holiday since Christmas Eve, so none of my emails to either Pinnacle or Matrox have been answered yet.

It appears that the DV500 may have been released in the last few days, but what the status of the drivers is I don't know. Matrox hasn't given any clues on definite release schedules yet (see more on this on my news page later this evening).

Most DVRaptor owners seem to think that the sun shines out of it's orifices, which seems to imply that its robust and reliable IF it fits your bill.

What format do you want to master to ? If it's pure DV (as I presume it is for commercials) then the Raptor could well be your answer. If you want the option of DV and analog, then either the DV500 or the RT2000 MAY be your answer. I'd treat any early reports from the DV500 with a pinch of salt until they've been qualified.

Back to square one - how long can you wait ?

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Working...
    X