No power mgm't for Ultima/Impression?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No power mgm't for Ultima/Impression?

I found one of these cards abandoned in an old pc. The 2d is excellent, but my monitor will not go into standby. I checked in the settings button of screen saver but only 'hard drive spin down' is available.
    Anyone know of a workaround for this in win98? It's in my wife/kids pc and they'll never remember to turn off the monitor. (The pc's always on)
    abit kt7-raid athlon 1ghz quantum 20.4gb - 7200 + wd 200bb - 7200 rpm UDMA100-
    g400 max-
    256MB pc133 sdram - sblive value 3.0 - 4 Boston Acoustics A40's - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access - winME
    dx7.?- V3 steering wheel/pedals - MS sidewinder PRO
    Kensiko (Netpointe) scrolling mouse

Just set your screen saver to "blank screen". You monitor should detect no signal, and go into stand-by on it's own...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

'blank screen' - cool, haven't used that since non-sleeping monitors. Thanks.
      g400 max-
      256MB pc133 sdram - sblive value 3.0 - 4 Boston Acoustics A40's - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access - winME

Comment

Kruzin or any listeners - Tried blank screen, screen went blank, monitor still awake. (even after 5 min of blank screen, of which with room lighting off, screen still glowing).

I went into bios power mgmt (Ami) and there's settings for standby and suspend within APM fields. (The manual says ACPI compliant). It's got a 'green monitor' setting and 'video power down' setting, independently off/standby/suspend settable. Changing combinations of these settings seem to have no effect on the monitor, but they do affect the hard drive.

There's two twists here, I'm using an AT power supply with this setup, and it has built-in video which might be what the bios is controlling.

What's odd is I'm used to seeing v-blank/h-v blank and a few other mgmt choices which this bios doesn't provide. I'm used to Award.
        g400 max-

Comment

Working...
        X