Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to fully unistall old win2k drivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to fully unistall old win2k drivers?

Now that the new beta is posted, how do you uninstall the previous driver?
    I say that because I installed the new drivers using only the setup.exe and now no OpenGl game can run and also the screen becomes currupted often.

Can someone write step by step how to unistall because the Unistall utility does not work under win2k final.
    Thanks

Although this FAQ is for win9x, it can't hurt

http://www.matrox.com/mga/tech_supp/faq/0004.htm
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Yes, it can. Method for W2k is somewhat different because there's no VGA driver one can install.
      What I did was that I restarted to "VGA Mode", deleted all files (read FAQ) and registry keys, and set the MS driver for G200 shipped with W2k.
      Then I restarted back normally, and so I had it running with MS's driver. After that I hit "setup" let the new PD install just fine.

_
      B

Comment

cool, I'll do that next time, but installing the new beta over the old one didnot cause any problem yet.

Comment

Why not just go to "Device manager" + "Display Adapters" + "Matrox Graphics G400 AGP" - rightclick and choose "uninstall" !!!
          Thats pretty much easy'er :-)
          But does anyone know for sure, if it detects and uninstall all the registry-settings ?
          I don't ! But the upgrade/new install workes for me... :-)

------------------
          "Now - gimme that kiss"
          "Now - gimme that kiss"

Comment

Working...
          X