switching from 16:9 to 4:3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• switching from 16:9 to 4:3

this is my problem: i have been shooting some clips with a digital cam in 16:9 format for a sort of telefilm that we are making with a couple of friends...and we would like to have also a version of the final rendering compatible with the traditional 4:3 format: do things like compress the lines and put a letterbox so that normal tv sets can see it like a movie. Are there any premiere/mediastudio plugins or standalone sw that can do this conversion?

thnxx in advance
    Link from MoonBase Alpha

In MediaStudio, simply put a 2D Basic Motion Path on top of your final rendered version and set the width=704 and the height=360 (assuming you're using a Matrox card). In Preferences, set the default color to black (for black bands across the top and bottom of the picture) and set resample quality to "Good" or "Best." Make sure all the appropriate field settings are set, or you'll get some weird banding.

That's it! (although it will take FOR-E-VER to compile--don't rightly know any way around that)

Comment

thnxxx for the reply and YES it takes quite a long time to render it.. (((((...and i get that nasty banding...what should i do about the field settings?
      Link from MoonBase Alpha

Comment

Marvel, RRG= Field B
        RRS= Field A

Set the field options on your clip to the appropriate setting above, and on your final output set the same thing in the save options.

I'm afraid this will more than double the rendering time........ Unfortunately, it's the only way to get rid of that banding.

P.S. To avoid having to set the field order of clips every time you insert one, you can set the Preferences to a particular order; this will be the default when you insert a clip.

Comment

Working...
        X