Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

g400 max,stable at AGP x 2 and 100mhz AGP speed...................?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g400 max,stable at AGP x 2 and 100mhz AGP speed...................?????

My g400 is stable at AGP x 1 at 100mhz,but not at AGP x 2.
    Have any of you guys heard any good tricks to get it to work at AGP x 2?? What about any settings in MGA tolls(advanced memory settings ect.)Is there any bios settings I am missing here,that need to be enabled/disabled?
    Any tips would be much appreciated.
    On a side note,where can I find a good website on MGA tweaking??

Thanks for your time.

You'd probably have to cool that thing down a HUGE ammount, keeping a few degrees below room temperature all the time to be able to do that, in short: its basically imposible.
    don't worry, there is little loss in going to agp 1X

Comment

Well,I have found out if I increase my i/o voltage to 3.5,the g400 is rock solid at 100mz AGP speed,now do you think that is to risky to run my i/o at 3.5?

Comment

Hmmm Well as far as running you VIO at 3.5v...
        Asus, the huge Mobo maker, by default puts it's IO voltage at 3.5v ... I have mine cranked upto 3.7v without a hitch for well over a year now on my Asus P2B...

I'm able to get 100Mhz(150Mhz FSB) AGP to run, but only with AGP1x, I'm surprised you have gotten yours to run at AGP2x and 100Mhz AGP...

Good luck
        Craig

[This message has been edited by Stringy (edited 10 February 2000).]
        1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

Working...
        X