help me Marvel G200 + ASUS K7M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me Marvel G200 + ASUS K7M

When I power up my PC, win 98 locks with a strange picture. After some reboots the system become normal. I installed AGP Miniport 4.45 and the latest g200 driver and bios. Why?
    May I solve this problem?
    My friend with a G400 has same problem.

Thank you in advance.

Bye

This should NOT be happening! What BIOS are you running on your K7M? I found the same problem with the FIC SD11, turns out that for the FIC, it was a problem with the power supply not being able to handle the needs of the motherboard. The Asus K7M with 1209 or later BIOS shouldn't have this problem. If you continue to have the problem, I'd suggest a new power supply, or bring in the motherboard as being defective.

Comment

In my K7M there is the last BIOS (31/01/2000). As you suggested I will try to change power supply. Thank you.

Bye

Comment

No you may have the "plaid freeze" that everyone gets with the K7M and a Gx00 with the new drivers. The most popular fix is to use one of the utilities on this site that allow you to force AGP x2. This has worked for me and countless others here. I tried a PC Power&Cooling 425W and it still locked until I forced x2, now it's the most stable system I have ever had

Oh, and yes I know AGP x2 and 2D desktop shouldn't have anything in common, but it works.

[This message has been edited by MXR4LIFE (edited 10 February 2000).]
        "If your still stock,... ya' best stay on the porch"

Comment

Working...
        X