from AGP 2x to AGP 1x...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• from AGP 2x to AGP 1x...

I've always had AGP 2x enable and my system was stable but now, with this new Powerdesk 5.13, I have AGP 1x. What can I do?

=========
    QDI Brilliant I
    Pentium II 350 not o/c
    64 Mo RAM
    SoundBlaster PCI 128
    Matrox Mill G200 8Mo SGRAM
    Matrox FastNIC 10/100
    USR 56k

Hey dewd, i have the same problem, even AFTER i installed the hacks...no clue man...

Comment

You can get PD5 AGP1X/2X registry hacks here...

http://www.murc.ws/Utils/PD5RegHacks.zip

I have enabled AGP 2X and everything seems stable so far with Unreal, UltimateRace and other games.

Comment

But is 2x really that big of a deal? Only benchmarks seem to notice the difference right now, anyway.

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I've already send an e-mail to matrox tech support. Let see what they are going to tell me...

Comment

I've run into the same problem sorta. I'd always had AGP 2X enabled on my SS7 system (MVP3 set), no problems. With PD 5.13, I used the registry hack to allow 2X, but had to disable that and only allow 1X. The system was crashing in Netscape on occassion and everytime I'd try and run 3D Winbench to check out the new drivers. Only place I have a significant change is OGL btw - a 20% increase in fps in Tirtanium (800 X 600 X 16).
            "I wrestled with reality for 27 years and I'm happy to say I finally won out over it."

Comment

Me too, Iv always had agp2x until I installed
              those new drivers for the g200.

Mad Wack...

What the hell are we doing in the middle of the desert?

Comment

What mother boards are you guys using?????

Paul
                "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Using an Epox MVP3G-M with a K6-3 450... and in thinking back on it, there were some times where AGP 2X would cause problems before, but it seems to be more frequent now. Not that I am about to complain - Wombat is right, it doesn't really matter at this point, and now that I've had some time to tweak the new drivers, they perform much better than the old ones.
                  "I wrestled with reality for 27 years and I'm happy to say I finally won out over it."

Comment

I've asked directly Matrox tech support what to do. They told me to force AGP 2x with the registry hack. Now, running AGP 2x without any problems

But forcing things isn't always the best solution.... I've always had AGP 2x before this new Powerdesk release, and I would appreciate another solution then forcing it!

------------------
                    Intel 350MHz (not o/c)
                    64mb SDRAM-100MHz
                    Qdi Brilliant I
                    Quantum FireBall EL 5.1gig
                    SoundBlaster 128PCI
                    Matrox Millenium G200 8mb (not o/c)
                    Matrox RR-G Series
                    USR 56K voice internal
                    Matrox FastNIC 10/100Mb
                    Pioneer CD-ROM IDE 36x

Comment

Im on 2 differnt BX motherboards, same problem on both, and infact those registry hacks did not work for me
                      What the hell are we doing in the middle of the desert?

Comment

5.13 on abit bh6 and msi 6163 - agp 2x does not work. worked fine before. matrox says force it? have they commented as to why it used to work but no longer does??

Comment

I've tried the registry hack of forcing AGP 2X on PD 4.33 and 5.13. Neither worked. The only way I was able to get it to work was by using Powerstrip (the latest version as of today). In the performance tab I placed a check on "Synchronize AGP transfers to CPU" and presto AGP 2X.

By the way, I used Powerstrip to get these specs:

memoryclock: 139.9Mhz.
                          graphics clock: 93.3Mhz.
                          AGP 2X (verified using PCIlist.exe)
                          AGP 1/1 in BIOS
                          AGP 206Mhz?

I have a Mystique G200 AGP 8Mb SDRAM, Windows 98 on a Celeron 300a running at 464Mhz w/ a FSB of 103Mhz. My question is, are these specs OK? If not how can I get them higher?

O.C.Luvin

Comment

A followup question.

How does one hack the registry to "Synchronize AGP transfers to CPU"?

O.C.Luvin

Comment

I have tried all of the stuff that is supposed to work. I have the newest drivers and BIOS for everything, done all the tricks, but I still seem to be stuck at 1X. I have an Asus P5A rev. 1.03 BIOS 1007, Millenium G200 AGP 16M SDRAM 5.13 drivers 2.3-11 BIOS. I'm not sharing any IRQ's. But I cannot seem to get this thing to go 2X.. or at least it doesn't appear to be..

Powerstrip reports my memory clock at 124, and my graphics clock at 62. I do not have the "Sync MGA graphics clock with memory clock" option. PCI list says my CPU to PCI/AGP bridge as being 1X. AGP VGA adapter shows both 1X & 2X, but only the 1X is checked.

Anyone got any other ideas??!!??!!

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X