Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

g400 max tv out problem....please help.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g400 max tv out problem....please help.....

i have a 32" toshiba tv and monster s-video cable.

when i use the tv out, or clone, i get 2 horizontal lines, one dark black, one light white which move from top to bottom of the screen slowly.

the lines have about 10" inbetween them, and they slowly move from top to bottom, then restart at the bottom and work their way to the top.

i have tried this on two tv's and a different s-video cable, but the problem is still there.

could it be a bad cable that came with the g400? i have no idea how to fix this, please help out if you can.....

thanks in advance!

i HAVE checked the search and couldn't find anything on this specific problem, i can't believe this.....

i hope somebody can help,

thanks again!

Comment

despite you're already trying to trade your MAX ...

twist the power plug from your TV by 180° ... could help, because it looks like you're having an interference problem.

------------------
      Cheers,
      Maggi

Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...
      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
      Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
      be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
      4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
      2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
      OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
      4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
      Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
      Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
      LG BH10LS38
      LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

hehe.....

actually, i have 2 g400 maxes.

i have 3 1/2 computers, the slowest being a p2 233 and a p3 450, and i need a geforce to help the slower computer.

i will try what you replied with, thanks for your help.....

Comment

Maggi,

For suggestions like that, you could get a free head examination by the "Men In White"

But on the other hand, it does sometimes help with strange problems.

Pertti

Comment

The TV out is 1/4 screen size.
            It goes left top corner.

wkw9811@netvigator.com
            -\_/-

Comment

nosuchluck, that looks like (yeah, big surprise) like electric interference. Could you tell a bit about how your things are connected to each other, and external systems (like TV antenna/cable, HiFi equipment, etc.) And are there any HiFi speakers near your signal path, your TV or your Computer? Also it is important to know (well, I do not know what kind of systems you actually have in the States) which of your power connections are earthed (shielded, what ever), and which are not.

You may be having earthing loops or other such niceties...

M. (whose earthing of the PC, Display, HiFi, TV and VCR all go via the cable TV socket...)

year2000:Athlon500/MSI6167/256M/10GIBM/6GSamsung/18GSCSI IBM/CL2xDVD/RR-G/HPPSPrinter/G400DH32M/DeltaDC995/MX300/ADSPyro1394/AHA2940UW/3comXL100

Comment

sounds like a bad-grounding prob, have the same lines(except my are both white).

the lines go away if i plug the computer into a non-grounded socket, or unplug all other devices except for the computer(satellite/vcr/antenna)...

had the same prob using my H+ mpeg2 card also, couldn't use PAL60 when the computer was grounded(as the tv is not).

<font size=1>Primary System: ASUS P4B533-E, Intel Pentium4 1.6A GHz, 512MB Samsung PC2700, Leadtek GF4 Ti4200 64MB, SB Audigy, 2xSeagate Barracuda IV 80GB, Pioneer DVD 106S, NEC CD-R 40/10/40, InWin Q500 Case w/ Enermax 353W PSU, Windows XP Pro, Samsung SyncMaster 753DFX.

Secondary System: ECS K7S5A, Athlon XP 1600+, 256MB PC133, Asus GF2 GTS 32MB, Seagate Barracuda IV 20GB, Aopen HQ08 Case, Windows XP Pro.</font>

Comment

i'm in a studio apartment which is about 35 years old. i'm assuming it is electrical, because i have everything plugged into one extension.

i also have the lines, although not as bright, on cable, and my vcr.

thanks for all the help, i will be moving to a house soon and try to set everything up differently and hope it fixes the problem.

cool!

Comment

Working...
                  X