Upgrade possibilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade possibilities

I have a Matrox MGA Mystique Powerdesk card in my P1 200mhtz machine that I use on the net a lot. I don't use games, but on some web sites, not all then graphics are displayed. This is especially true like on e-bay where there are pictures of the sale items. Can this board be upgraded with more memory or do I need a new board. If I need a new board any reccomendations?

That does not make a lick of sense to be a hardware video card memory issue. Most likely it is a web browser problem. There are times with Netscape Navigator cannot properly interpret some graphics, and likewise there are times when MS-IE cannot properly interpret some graphics. This has nothing to do with your video card, though.

It is a shame that some people don't test their web pages with at least the latest versions of these two browsers. There are a dozen others out there, and they've all got their share of problems.

Comment

It isn't a browser problem because I have upgraded Microsoft Explorer in the last 3 months.

Comment

You're probably missing a small plugin that no one has ever heard of....
        "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
        --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

I do not believe vhanging the video card would help either. It looks like a resource problem, though. You may be running out of memory (either swap file, or the temporary internet files folder is my best guess).

year2000:Athlon500/MSI6167/256M/10GIBM/6GSamsung/18GSCSI IBM/CL2xDVD/RR-G/HPPSPrinter/G400DH32M/DeltaDC995/MX300/ADSPyro1394/AHA2940UW/3comXL100

Comment

Working...
          X