DISPLAY DRIVERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DISPLAY DRIVERS

Sorry but basic query. Downloaded pwerdesk version 5.41.008.
    In display properties advanced info shows version of display driver as 4.11.01.1410.

Is this uptodate?

Should dx version 7.0a show driver as uncertified/

Did you use Matrox's uninstall utility to uninstall the older drivers ?

[This message has been edited by andrei (edited 04 February 2000).]

Comment

Ups, ya that's the right version, just look at Matrox Powerdesk there in Information

Yes Directx 7.0a should show that, the certified drivers are way older, PD 5.20 or 5.25 I think.

You already have Directx 7.* installed so you might try the beta 5.50 PD

[This message has been edited by andrei (edited 04 February 2000).]

Comment

And yes, the drivers associated with PowerDesk 5.41 are uncertified. The certified drivers are much slower and buggier.

Paul
        paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Display properties info does state Powerdesk version is 5.41 but display driver is 4.11.01.1410

Comment

Did as suggested and uninstalled and then installed 5.41 but info in advanced/display prop still states display driver is 4.11.01.1410

Comment

Are you blind? Of course it does, that's what it's supposed to be.

Comment

Thanks thats all I wanted to know. No need to be insulting though.

Comment

It wasn't ment as an insult, I am just wondering why you didn't see this:

ya that's the right version

Comment

I think there's a difference between the version of the _driver_ you're using and the version of _Powerdesk_ you're using.

- Aryko

Comment

Hey HUNSOW, Why don't you stop being a a**hole and insulting people, even if you put your little "not to insult you" part in there. You put the same thing in another thread under black ice:Are you blind? (NOT meant as an insult) I believe KilroY posted the URL. Take a pill and relax, if you here to help than help. If you are here to be an ass than go away cause i'm sick of that crap.
                      ------------------
                      Asus P2b(1010),P3 500,256 mb pc133,Matrox G400 DH,Asus 50x,Iomega zip,Mitsumi CDR,Ibm 10 gb hd,Sb Live,Win 98

------------------
                      Asus P2b(1010),P3 500,256 mb pc133,Matrox G400 DH,Asus 50x,Iomega zip,Mitsumi CDR,Ibm 10 gb hd,Sb Live,Win 98

Asus P2b(1011),P3 500,256 mb pc133,Matrox G400 DH,Asus 50x,Iomega zip,Mitsumi CDR,Ibm 20 gb hd,Promise ultra 66 controller,Sb Live,Win 2000 pro

Comment

the pd software and the video drivers were never in sync. The pd software actually went backwards for a bit (with regards to release date). That was back in the 90's
                        abit kt7-raid athlon 1ghz quantum 20.4gb - 7200 + wd 200bb - 7200 rpm UDMA100-
                        g400 max-
                        256MB pc133 sdram - sblive value 3.0 - 4 Boston Acoustics A40's - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access - winME
                        dx7.?- V3 steering wheel/pedals - MS sidewinder PRO
                        Kensiko (Netpointe) scrolling mouse

Comment

LOL! Back in the 90's! Thats just scary...

Comment

Working...
                          X