Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Bios Problems...

Damn it!
    How can I get my seriel number back into my Bios on my G400 after a recover session..my new seriel number is REPAIR00lable....I have program it again, but I get invalid bios number, and the program ends....
    Before updated bios:
    Model: Matrox Millennium G400 MAX AGP
    RAMDAC: 360 MHz
    Serial Number: xxxxxxxx

After recoring
    Model: Matrox Millennium G400 AGP
    RAMDAC: 300 MHz
    Serial Number: REPAIR00lable

PLS HELP ME ANY ONE.....!

Kim in Denmark

As far as I know, you cannot. Only Matrox would be able to restore the serial number.

Looks like your BIOS got flashed with the normal G400 BIOS though... I'd ask Haig for help on this one.

Jorden.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 01 February 2000).]
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Hi Kim,

Why did you have to recover your bios and what did you use to recover it?

Haig

Comment

Kim:
        1. Boot pure DOS
        2. Go to BIOS stuff folder and run
        progbios -d >mypins.txt. This will dump your PInS to text file.
        3. Edit the "mypins.txt" file -> find the serial number field and change it to your serial number, like 'ABC12345'
        4. run: progbios -i auto -s mypins.txt

This will not restore full functionality - you may still have problems with Windows driver installation. Visit my website for more details. What you really need is complete PInS restoration - try to get
        the PInS file from someone who has the same model and change the serial number in it.

Jorden:
        The Max uses the same BIOS as regular model, there are differences in two places: PInS and SUBSYS_ID.

Comment

only if you have OLD bios backaup file !

------------------
          PIII450@504(fsb@112),P2b,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,Diamond MONSTER Sound II ,IntelliMouse Explorer (yahoooo! no fu..hm hm. ball any more ...)

PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

Thanks Greg

Could Kim possibly use the Matrox resetbios program??

Jord.

------------------
            Got bugs?? Mail Maggi...

Jordâ„¢

Comment

Hmmm....To Haig!

The problem started then I will update my Bios..then things went wrong maybe it's because I have two graphiccard in my computer du matrox cards a Mystique and a G400. The upgrad of Mystique went well, but it failed on the G400...so to get my G400 working again I used the recoverdisk from Matrox.....and there it had lost the seriel number..

To All! Is there anybody out there that wold be so kind to make a backup of a G400 MAX bios, then I will very happy...Pls send it to KIMs@cyberdudes.dk Thanx!

Kim in Denmark

Comment

hmmmmm !...G400 or G400MAX its all the same BIOS I think..the problem is,that you will get the S/N of another CARD..so I dont think that someone will share the same S/N with you ..maybe Im wrong..I hope..

------------------
                PIII450@504(fsb@112),P2b,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,Diamond MONSTER Sound II ,IntelliMouse Explorer (yahoooo! no fu..hm hm. ball any more ...)

PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

Hi Kim,

use our Recover file from our utilities section. If your bios is still in tact, it will retrieve the serial # and restore your bios to the factory default settings of your card.

Haig

Comment

nice !...Haig...congrats to you and your wife & best wishes to your miniMurcer ( CJ) !

------------------

Comment

Btw, Kim, in case you're not aware (or didn't check his profile)... Haig is Tech Support Manager at Matrox.... so do what he says.

(Yes, I'm sure you e-mailed Kim, Haig, but you know how I am by now-- always looking out for the minis... and again, congratulations, and Welcome in! to C.J.!!)

------------------------
                      Holly

Comment

Thanks Borg and Holly.

You know me all to well Holly

Kim, let me know if you still have problems with your bios.

Haig

Comment

Hi Haig!

Yes, I still have problems with my bios, and I tried the recover disk from your utilspage...its say wrong bios and chipset, but upgrade it with 1.5 REPAIR00lable again...
                          I have wrote to Matrox 2 times now still no responces from them...Maybe I have to live with, but it is sad to have a MAX that runs with a speed of a 'normal' G400...I hope that matrox will send me a new bin file and progtools to fix my problems...or has to keep on dreaming

Kim

Comment

huh !..are you sure ?..Imean that your MAX runs lika a ordinary G400 ...In Matrox Info tab (CONTROL PANEL + DISPALY PROP+ADVANCE)it says that the RAMDAC is 300 not 360 ?..strange because I dont think that the diferences betven G400 & G400 MAX is just BIOS file

Comment

Hi Borg..

The ramdac speed is set in the BIOS, and all that u see under advance options is take from the bios....OK not the driver info's and ver. of Directx

Kim

Comment

Working...
                              X