Haig, quick question about RMA's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haig, quick question about RMA's

Hey, what exactly happens with an RMA? The guy who was helping me to get one said he needed my address and stuff like that (and I sent it), but he hasn't sent me back a number or anything to let me know what happening. Don't I just get a number and mail the card back? Thanks for your time.

P.S.: You gettin any sleep with that new kid around? And you think he's a pain now, just wayt...

P.P.S.: Umm, I guess this is related to hardware.....
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Haig,

I reread this and it sounded pretty harsh. I was trying to be slightly sarcastic and I don't think it came off that way. Sorry if I offended

Chuck

[This message has been edited by Chasbo (edited 03 February 2000).]
    P4 2.53GHz, Intel D845PEBT2, 1GB Ram, G400 Max, Adaptec 19160 running, 2 Maxtor 18GB 10KRPM HD, Toshiba 40/10 SCSI DVD-Rom, Plextor 32/12/10 SCSI CD-RW, Seagate 80GB Barracuda IV, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, Viewsonic G790 19" Monitor

Comment

Hi MD,

Once tech supp processes the RMA, the case then gets immediately forwarded to the RMA dep't. Then the RMA dep't will contact the client for shipping instructions and also to give the client the RMA #.

PS: I was getting sleep in the 1st few days but now the 1st growth spurt has set in.

Haig

Comment

Thanks. Good luck too...
        "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
        --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

I just recieved a fax from the RMA department. Now I have just one more quick question. I hope I don't think of any more... Anyway, under "part number" it gives me a model number and then under the heading "replacement unit," it gives me an identical number. Why is this? Damn, I thought of another question. It says, "please do not return any manuals...." Does this mean I should keep the cable that came with the board to? Thanks again for your help.

Dimitri
          --- Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi,

It list an identical number since this is only the card... you will get an identical model as the one you returned... If a G400 Dual Head 32 megs, they will not give you back a G400 16 megs single head.... It's the serial number that counts, not the model number.
            As for the manual and cables, indeed, only send in teh card, not anything else...

Z

Comment

Yup,

that's pretty much what zwisch said with one exception You will get at the minimum, what your model # is. Meaning that if we no longer have the 2x boards in stock, then you'll get a 4x.

Haig

Comment

details details ...

Z

Comment

cool cool. Thanks all.
                  --- Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                  X