Idenitifying my G400 . ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idenitifying my G400 . ..

This may seem like a stupid question. But how do Identify whether my G400 is a standard 32Mb or MAX version. Because it came with a fan on the chipset, plus windows seems to think it's a G400 Max.

The thing is I ordered a standard card . . .

A MAX has 5 nanosecond memory onboard... but the fan was a give-away already
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

haha, consider yourself lucky. As far as I know, the standard 32mb card just came with a really big heatsink. The MAX comes with a smaller heatsink ?? and a fan. Of course, I could be wrong....
      "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
      --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Check out the RAMDAC: if it´s 360Mhz, consider yourself lucky...

Also, I think that the graphics clock is 166Mhz, higher than the standard G400.

I´m almost sure that the fan is G400 MAX exclusive...

Check this with MGA Tweak or with Powerstrip.

Comment

If PowerDesk identifies it as MAX, it's MAX.
          Just go to Advanced Propertioes - Info.

Comment

Then my g400, is also a max although it doesnt have a heatsink, it does have a 360 mhz ramdac, and pd identifies it as a max!

Guess Im lucky!
            System:
            Asus A7V rev. 1.01p bios 1011
            AMD Thunderbird 800
            SBLive retail with liveware 3.0
            Matrox g400 MAX pd 6.51
            LG Flatron 795FT 17" monitor
            IBM 13.5 GB 7200 hdd
            Pioneer 106-s dvdrom
            WinME
            directx 8.0a
            384mb pc133

Comment

Well, by default the Graphics and Warp clock run at 150, and the memory at 200.

I overclock it to about 163/204 it could go higher but it overheats ^-^

I doubt it's a MAX then?

Comment

150/200 is the proper default clocking for a MAX.
                With those clockings, the fan, and the drivers IDing it as a MAX, there is no doubt that it really is a MAX....
                Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Whoohooo!

Yeah!

sorry :0)

Comment

it could go higher but it overheats
                    ...Errr...if it overheats, that's kinda a signal that it can't go higher, extreme cooling notwithstanding...the reason the cooling becomes 'extreme' then, is to overcome the obvious natural limits of the silicon symptomized by the overheating....

*sigh*

------------------
                    Holly

Comment

Sorry, what I meant was, that without more extensive cooling it would overheat.

Comment

Working...
                      X