Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Drivers: When?

Hi,
    Anyone have any idea when Matrox is releasing a new set of final drivers? Ones that will play System Shock 2?
    It's a damn shame that what some voted card of the year, cannot play what some voted game of the year.
    I can't believe they havn't fixed this yet.

Soon...?

And you can play SS2. Use 5.30. Both 5.41 and 5.50b Arent´t that better after all. 5.50b could be, performance wise, but still too unstable.

Not always the latest thing is the greatest, ya know?

Comment

i just hope the turbo gl is transformed into an icd, which will work on ALL open gl games, apps, screensavers, etc.....

3dfx couldn't ever write one, matrox writes an average one, nvidia's open gl kicks butt.....

why is it so damn hard to write a FAST open gl icd?????

hope there is some good news soon!

Comment

5.50's ICD is faster than TurboGL in most resolutions. It's not that it's so hard to write an OpenGL ICD, it's just time-consuming to debug it. Remember that nVidia's OpenGL ICD took them over a year... they just started at TNT release time instead of at TNT2 release time.

- Gurm

------------------
        Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

I have been installing Turbo GL with 5.50. I now get the impression that 5.50 without Turbo GL is going to be better for Open GL games. Can someone explain?

Comment

The best way to get new drivers is to marry a BB or BG ofcourse...

And as only Matrox knows when they will release new drivers (not even one of the BBs/BGs knows but for about 1 minute up front), don't ask us again...

All we can answer you is: <font size=5>SOON</font>

Jorden.

------------------
            Got bugs?? Mail Matrox !!!

Jordâ„¢

Comment

Where is the "Mail Maggi" in your signature ?

The question is not when they come out but what bugs have been fixed in them ?

I would prefer a once every two months release rather than a one per month, or something like the current situation with a beta release between the official every two months. That giving them more time to fix the bugs.

Matrox had a link some time ago in wich we could've stated what we wanted in future drivers, someone knows where it went ?

[This message has been edited by andrei (edited 04 February 2000).]

Comment

I had that removed because over 90% of emails coming thru that form was nothing but complaints rather than usefull suggestions.

Haig

Comment

Haig - Just write up a nice little filter script in perl, that filters all whine, bitch and moan.
                  Asus K7V
                  Athlon 700
                  128mb PC133 HSDRAM
                  Matrox Millennium g400max
                  Adaptec 2940U2W
                  IBM 9gb U2W
                  Plextor 8/20 cdr
                  Diamond MX300
                  3com 905b-tx

Comment

Hope they don't remove the miniGL driver. The miniGL doesn't bitch about multi-monitor setups, unliked the ICD.
                    The pessimist says: "The glass is half empty."
                    The optimist says: "The glass is half full."
                    The engineer says: "I put half of my water in a redundant glass."

Comment

Hey! Give Haig a break.
                      I figure it's been right at a week since his last full night sleep.

chuck

Haig, how'r CJ&Mom doing?
                      Chuck
                      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
                      X