Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G400 32MB TV-Out: Brightness fluctuates ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 32MB TV-Out: Brightness fluctuates ?

Well, this topic has been covered on this forum about a dozen times already. There is a search option, you know...

Anyways, the "problem" is caused by the Macrovision copy protection signal that is added to the TV output of the G400 card when playing DVD's. VCR's are designed in a way that when they recieve Macrovision protected signal, the luminosity of the picture will fluctuate.

The solutions (of which you may find more information by using the "esarch" option) are:

1) connect directly to TV (not via VCR)
    2) Get (or build) a video signal clearer device
    3) find a DVD software player that does not use the Macrovision coding (by default they all do, but there may be cracks floating in the vast spaces of the internet).

M.
    year2000:Athlon500/MSI6167/256M/10GIBM/6GSamsung/18GSCSI IBM/CL2xDVD/RR-G/HPPSPrinter/G400DH32M/DeltaDC995/MX300/ADSPyro1394/AHA2940UW/3comXL100

Thanks Meek, I only searched the last 5 days... Sorry ! Do you know if a crack for the matrox DVD-Player exists ?

Comment

Well, the Matrox player is only a slightly modified Software Cinemaster. But the "slightly" is still important, as it makes it possible to see the DVD on TV via DVDMax perfectly even when the player is running minimised.

I have not seen a crack for the Matrox version, but there seem to be cracks for the generic Cinemaster engine, although I have never actually used them.

M.
      year2000:Athlon500/MSI6167/256M/10GIBM/6GSamsung/18GSCSI IBM/CL2xDVD/RR-G/HPPSPrinter/G400DH32M/DeltaDC995/MX300/ADSPyro1394/AHA2940UW/3comXL100

Comment

G400 32MB TV-Out: Brightness fluctuates ?

Hi,
        Anyone had the same problem and could solve it ? The Picture on Computer Monitor is ok, For TV I use S-VHS to S-VHS-VCR and Scart connection from VCR to TV. The brightness changes in cycles of about 5 sec slowly from normal to bright and back.
        PC is a Pentium III 600 with 256 MB RAM, OS is Win98 First Ed. DVD Player: Pioneer A104 with Firmware 1.23 (Regionfree version from I.F.).
        Tom

Comment

Hi TomW

Macrovision crack for Matrox DVD player WAS available at www.dvdutils.com , but I'm not sure if it is still there.... go check it out.

Comment

Working...
          X