Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since g400, media player loads slowly

Hi!

I installed my G400 TV and it works great. The only odd thing I've found is that Windows Mediaplayer now loads video clips very slowly. I have it set to play them automatically, and from the time I click on them till the player starts is 6 to 8 seconds. Not too long, but it used to be far faster. BTW, this happens with different kinds of clips and different compression schemes. I've also deinstalled and reinstalled Mediaplayer, but nothing changed.

Any ideas?

Barbas

This might only be a long shot, but I've had problems with Media Player loading up slowly every once in awhile... I could never guess when it would start correctly and display the video almost instantly or when it would freeze and make me Ctrl-Alt-Delete it. This strange phenomenon also occured with the Microsoft Photo Editor (part of MS Office); every once in awhile it didn't work.

Just yesterday I switched from Office Small Business to Office Premium, so I had to uninstall everything (including Photo Editor) and install the bigger package. I don't know how or even if it's related, but I've not yet had a bad startup with Photo Editor or Media Player. Draw your own conclusions.

Comment

P.S. I forgot-- I also changed TCP/IP settings to connect to the internet on my network; I can see how that would change Media Player, but not Photo Editor. Media Player might check occasionally for codecs on the web or something. So, it might have been looking on the network for a connection to the internet, but it would take forever just to figure out there was none. (idontknow, thatsaguess)

Comment

Working...
      X