Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multi monitor mode?

hello,
    I am looking for a mode that windows know there's two monitor, instead of a very wide screen or a very tall screen. I am doing a project which connect the secondary display to a projector. supporting MS's "standard" multi monitor will make things easier for me. any hints?
    (p.s I'm targeting win2k)

Can't you use two PCI videocards for that?

Or what about the Dual Head on the G400 or Multi Monitor Support on the G100 (4 different monitors) ??
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

maybe my question is not clear enough. I bought a G400 dual head, but I found only 1 monitor in windows's display setting. if I enable dual head, it give me 1600*600 or something. what I expected was two indenpent monitor, which standard win32 applications can tell there's two different monitor, primary and secondary. without this "standard" support, I have to calculate the screen position of the secondary monitor. it work, but not a desirable way.

Comment

Not with win2k. The support isnt there yet. Im not going to say whos fault it is (MATROX VS MS) cause i dont want to start a flame war. All i know is it doesnt currently work correctly with win2k. try using 98 if you can, it works much better with 98...

------------------
        PIII 450 @ 504
        generic BX motherboard
        G400 MAX : )
        Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 33
        Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 66
        Creative 36x CD-ROM
        HP 2x2x6x CD-RW
        64 megs PC100 RAM
        128 megs PC133 ECC RAM
        NetGear 10/100
        Soundblaster 32 AWE
        Diamond SupraExpress 56k
        Logitech Wireless Desktop (best $50 ive ever spent)
        1 92mm Sunon Fan
        4 80mm Sunon Fan's

Comment

currently this only works with win2k with two different gxfcards (for example a g400AGP and a PCI virge) win2k can't see one card as a card with two monitors (YET?)
          it does work under win98. maybe it's an idea to clone the screen?
          or just add a cheap virge...

anyway, good luck!

Comment

Working...
          X