Are all G400 MAX's Dual Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are all G400 MAX's Dual Head

I've got a a G400 32 MB OEM single head and was thinking about upgrading to the MAX. Based on all of the Max's I've seen at stores on the internet, it appears that they're all DH. I was going to go into a local shop to get one but there website does not mention that the Max is DH. Also, the picture of the Max on the "RETAIL BOX" does not show a fan. I was thinking all Max's have fans. Does anyone know? One last question, if the Max does have a fan, do you know if many people are having trouble finding enough room to use the first PCI slot.

Yes, they're all DH. Yes, all maxes have fans. Yes I'm pretty sure you can use the 1st pci slot cus the max's fan is pretty pathetic. However if you do use the 1st pci slot it might share IRQs with the g400 which can lead to all kinds of problems. You can probably "upgrade" to a max for free if you download mgatweak, overclock it, and stick a nice fan on your heatsink.

Comment

You probably shouldn't use the first PCI slot with a device that requires an IRQ.

Paul
      paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

But Voodoo's are fine in that slot, right?
        Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Yes, Voodoo 2 cards work fine in PCI 1. Actually I have had a number of cards in PCI 1 that use interupts. The only one which I found problematic was a MX300 sound card. I think most cards work fine, there are no guarantees though. Different systems have different tolerances for that slot. The only message is try and find out. I have had no problem with my Adaptec SCSI card, SB Live, Dxr3 DVD decoder card, or Voodoo 2 SLI in PCI 1.

------------------
          600 MHz PIII @ 660 Mhz (2.05 V) w/Alpha P3-125 heatsink/fan, ABIT BE6-2, 128 MB Siemens PC100 SDRAM, G400 MAX, Diamond V2 SLI, CL SB Live with Sennheiser HD-600 headphones, Sennheiser DSP360 Dolby processor, and Shure FP22 headphone amplifier, Adaptec AHA2940 w/uw SCSI, IBM 9ZX 9.1GB 10K UW SCSI HD, WDE 4360 4.3GB 7.2k UW SCSI HD, Pioneer 303s SCSI DVD, Win98SE, in a modified Supermicro SC750A case with PCP&C Silencer 275W PS, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Comment

Working...
          X