G400 & FSB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 & FSB

my G400 dualhead 32mb produces a triple image when ever I go over 110 FSB. I purchased this card after reading reports of others running 133, 124 FSB.

I have BE6-2,P3-450, 128 meg PC-133 ram, use 2/3 divider for AGP. Have tried all the driver versions, using 5.50. The ATI Expert 128 I replaced would handle 115. Have I missed something?

Change the SDRAM LEADOFF COMMAND in the Advanced Chipset Features section of the BIOS to a value of 4(it is probably set to 3 right now). I'm almost certain this will do the trick. I'm able to run the G400 rock solid at 140 FSB with 2/3 AGP divider on a BF6(same board as BE6-II except no ATA-66 and has extra PCI slot). Let me know if that works.

Comment

I flashed to the QJ bios and the option to change SDRAM leadoff is not part of this bios version, was in the past version might have helped a bit. I used the 4 setting and have the same results. I also have BF6 which produced the same result.

With a PCI video card it will run stable at 130 FSB, briefly at 133. this points me to the AGP. I used the ATI Expert 128 and S3 DX-GX @ 115 FSB for months on BE6 and same on BE6-2

Comment

Working...
      X