No announcement yet.

PC-VCR 1.51: extreme sound distortion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC-VCR 1.51: extreme sound distortion?

I can't seem to figure this out...

The previous drivers I was using worked great, and the volume control for PC-VCR was not hooked directly into the OS mixer. I was using PowerDesk 4.33, but I'm not sure if I was still using the original Video Tools, or if I had upgraded somewhere in the last six months or so...

After installing the PowerDesk 5.30 and Video Tools 1.51 drivers, it sounds like PC-VCR has a built-in preamp that's being overdriven, and most TV channels have moderate to extreme distortion.

I attempted to turn down the volume of the remote, figuring I could adjust the volume from the tray, but then I realized the volume was hooked directly into the OS mixer with these drivers. As a result, no matter what volume I set to, there is distortion...I can change volume levels, but not distortion levels. Note: I really liked having the volume control independent of the mixer with the previous drivers...a lot.

The same day I upgraded the video, I also upgraded to DX7. Could DX7 have something to do with it? Or is it a known issue with 1.51? Is there any way to un-hook the remote's volume control from the mixer? Or should I just nuke 1.51 and go back to original Video Tools? Thx.

Additional:
    Using MX-300 with original drivers

I had the same problem when I accidentally plugged into the Mic input instead of the Line In.

Comment

I forgot something else, if you want to use the Mic input and you have that +20db option turn it off.

Comment

Working...
      X