Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More preformance with G400 Max drivers !!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More preformance with G400 Max drivers !!!!!!

I just discuvered that when you overclock your G400 whith MGATweak to the G400 Max settings, you get a higher performance
    in 3DMark2000 with the G400 DH Max drivers then with the normal G400 DH drivers.

I noticed when I wanted to install TV drivers that there are G400 Max drivers, so I forced windows to install them.
    Now I had the illusion of having an G400 Max. Naturaly I wanted to now if I gained any perfomance. I didn't get it.
    Then I got the idea to overclock my G400 to the Max settings also the SGRAM setings. I gained almost 50 points, from 1435 to1473.
    I installed the normal G400 DH drivers again and overclocked again and the 2Dmark 2000 score was the same as a not overclocked G400.
    I did this a few times to be sure and I can coclude that you get more overclock performence of the G400 DH when you install
    the G400 DH Max drivers. So the drivers ain't the same.

Can anuy body support my findings?

My system: K6 III 400, Chaitech 5AGM2, 128Mb pc100 sdram, 32Mb G400 DH, SB Live value, 10Gb Quantum Fireball HD, LiteOn 40X CD-Rom,
    Philiiips 3610 CD-RW Writer

Possibly, I've misunderstood you. What I think you're saying is that you've overclocked your G400 Vanilla to Max settings and, using the Max drivers instead of the Vanilla drivers, you are getting better performance.

The standard G400 and the G400 Max use the *exact* same drivers. Matrox has not produced drivers exclusively for the Max (unless they have released something new today).

If I did misunderstand you, I apologized.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

You didn't misunderstood me. I always thought that the G400 and the G400 Max drivers are the same. But somehow I got more performance with the G400 Max drivers when I overclock my G400.

Comment

As paulcs mentioned, the MAX and the regular G400 use the same driver files. I can't see how "forcing it" to use the same drivers it was already using would give a boost...
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Are you sure you rebooted after each change?
          Or could you have still been useing the standerd timeing with the MAX drivers when you got the higher score?
          Just an idea, to check.

Mark F.

------------------
          OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a CD

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
          --------------------------------------------------
          OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
          and burped out a movie

Comment

My MAX installes as a DualHead 32 meg.... Never calls it a MAX...

------------------
            PIII 450 @ 504
            generic BX motherboard
            G400 MAX : )
            Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 33
            Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 66
            Creative 36x CD-ROM
            HP 2x2x6x CD-RW
            64 megs PC100 RAM
            128 megs PC133 ECC RAM
            NetGear 10/100
            Soundblaster 32 AWE
            Diamond SupraExpress 56k
            Logitech Wireless Desktop (best $50 ive ever spent)
            1 92mm Sunon Fan
            4 80mm Sunon Fan's

Comment

Looking through the windows driver catalog, there is a seperate entry for 'Matrox Millenium G400 DualHead Max'. I can't see how it would yield any performance improvements but it is there.

Comment

Working...
              X