G200 with DVD card using Pioneer 303S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G200 with DVD card using Pioneer 303S

I've had the hardest time trying to get my 303S player to work with the Matrox DVD addition for my G200 and Zoran player that came with it. At first the Zoran player ran without sound, then it ran with a green screen, and now the player just freezes when it's executed. I've removed, re-installed, over and over again without avail.

I've tried using PowerDVD but no luck either.

Any help would be great.

Hardware specs
    ASUS P3B 128MB P3-500
    G200 w/DVD card
    IBM T55D flat panel
    Pioneer DVD 303S
    Adaptec 2940 Ultra

Parkro,
    What are your drivers (PD, VT) and OS?
    Is your actual DVD drive region locked....check this site... http://www.dvdutils.com/ under the firmware section for info on your 303S.

I am using VT151 and PD5.25 with a Mill G200, RRG, DVD Addon, TVOUT Addon, and works well with the region crack for the module.....find this at the same site as above, under the cracks section/Matrox Addon Card.

"It's purely for evaluation..."

Comment

The zoran player has problems with scsi DVD drives. I never could get mine to work. PowerDVD however should work. You may have a driver problem. I found that my scsi card doesn't like sharing an IRQ.
      Mine: Epox EP-8KTA3, Matrox G400 32mb DH + RRG, Athlon 1.2/266, 256mb, WD 30gb ATA100, Pio 32x CDROM, Adaptec 2940U2W, WD 18.3GB 10k U2W, Yamaha CDRW4416, Pio DVD-303, Scsi Zip 100, Seagate 10/20 Gb tape, SBlive platinum, Linksys 10/100 nic, HP 712c printer, HP 6200 scanner, Linksys 4port cable router, Linksys 2port print server/switch
      Hers: Epox EP-3VSA, G400 32mb SH, PIII 750, 256mb, WD 10gb, Pio 6x DVD, Zip 250, Diamond S90, Linksys 10/100 nic

Comment

Thanks for the replies. The drive isn't region locked. I'm running Win98. Checking on the PowerDesk, I'm running:

Graphics BIOS: 2.6 - 20
        Display driver: 4.11.01.2410
        Mini-VDD: 4.11.01.2410
        PD: 5.41.008

What's VT?

I just installed the new PD (5.41) to see if that will help as the PD on the Matrox DVD CD didn't help. When trying to install the 4.33 from Matrox's web site, well, it wouldn't even accept it. I'll let you know how it goes now with the re-installs planned for Sunday.

One thing that I'm wondering is how exactly can you tell if you're running 4.11, 4.33, or 5.41 and what the difference is between PD and the actual display driver. From what I'm understanding, there isn't a 1:1 correlation between PD version and display driver version. Is this correct?

Appreciate all the help on this. It's getting me really frustrated given the outlay on the flat panel, and that the G200 is the only card that's compatible with it.

Thanks

Comment

Parkro:

The Matrox 4.33 drivers are the last ones that are certified for the DVD Add-on module. As CODS said above, the 5.25 may work, but there are'nt any guarantees. If your DVD is SCSI, make sure its the first address on your chain. Zoran Soft DVD is very unforgiving of other devices, either IDE or SCSI being 'ahead' of the DVD Device.

If you're running any 5.x drivers or powerdesk versions, be sure and uninstall clean back to Win98's standard video driver from safe mode before you try the 4.33.

Also, What's your HDD configuration? There are a few adapters and such that don't get along with the DVD Module.
          Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
          CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
          Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

Any idea if Matrox is planning to update their DVD driver? From the other threads, there seems to be an indication that they may, but any confirmation? I noticed on the Matrox web site that they are still selling the DVD Zoran with SoftDVD.

Well, I got PowerDVD to work. Needless to say, I'm assuming that the program is making hard use of my CPU. Has anybody been able to hack a DVD player to make use of the add-on hardware?

Thanks.

Comment

I also have the following:

ASUS P5A Bios Rev 1007A
              64MB SDRAM
              Matrox Millennium G200 AGP
              Rainbow Runner G-series
              DVD-Addon
              SoundBlaster Live! Value

System software:
              Windows 98 Second Edition
              Matrox PD 5.25
              DirectX 7.0
              Video Tools 1.51e

I have the Zoran software working with my system. Interesting item to note, my card is set to Region 1 but the player properties display that it is Region 2 (but it is playing Region 1 disks without problems, must be a bug.) Unfortunately I had to reinstall my system over the course of time, and every time I need to work with PD 5.25 I need to change the Region to 1 (even though it is) to make the software recognize that.

To solve the problem I used my emergency disk to repair my G200 card. I believe that the only reason Matrox doesn't support 5.25 at this time with the DVD-addon is this reason, the need to change the region code and you have a three-strikes and your out. The moral: Alway's create a BIOS emergency disk before adding any hardware addons to your G200.

Haig, if Matrox could locate the cause of this, could they release a third-party patch to Zorans SoftDVD for the hardware addon? Any hope that MGI Software would continue to help develope your product?

Thanks,

------------------
              Profound Runner
              ---- aka Willie -------

[This message has been edited by Profound Runner (edited 28 January 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Profound Runner (edited 28 January 2000).]
              Profound Runner
              ---- aka Willie -------

Comment

Working...
              X