X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amd K7 Cpu with Matrox G400

Hi All,
    All my problems are over.
    Got my motherboard replaced and all problems are over.
    I went through all the pains and agony by replacing ram,P/S etc.
    My Problem was I could use the G400 card under normal use, but when changing to 3D it would run for a while the fall through to the desktop.
    This I picked up even when I used a Vodoo 3000 card. I the beginning the Vodoo 3000 was ok,as time went on the Vodoo 3000 card suffert the same faith.
    My motherboard is a MS-6167.
    Video cards use IRQ 5.

Regards
    PS. I was running 3DMax99 for 3.5 Hours and no crash what so ever.

Jochen

It's known that you shouldn't put your vid card on a smaller IRQ than 9. They don't like it.

Try to change the IRQ and inform us about the result.

Vlip

------------------
    "A vaincre sans péril, l'on triomphe sans gloire"
    Corneille

AMD Athlon 500, Asus K7M, 128Mb PC100 SDRAM, Matrox G400MAX, Sb Live and a lot more toys and gadgets.

Comment

Vlip...

if his problems are gone now and everything is OK there is no need to change the IRQ...

Keep ir running as it is now if all is well

Comment

Hi All,
        The IRQ resources of this MB is done via my MB Bios.
        I have no control over it.
        My sound card use IRQ 11 and USB use IRQ 10.
        There is no PCI IRQ which I can set manualy.
        Even if I take my sound out then the IRQ are re-shuffled to other IRQ's. Then when I install my sound card again it grabs IRQ11.

I was running Quake II demo in 32 bit mode for 2hours and no crashes.

Regards

Jochen Gundlach
        PS This is the first MB I have come across when Switching Mains on it semi-powers up for approx. 1.5 sec, then I have to use the Power-On Button to switch on.

Comment

Jochen: I can´t assign irq´s manually with my gigabyte 7IX also, and here is what I´ve done to get that G400 out of IRQ 5 (I was not having any problem, but you never know...)

My sb live is in the 4th pci slot counting from the agp slot. In the bios, I set resourses controled by auto (default) to manual and assigned IRQ4 and 5 to Legacy ISA and all the others to PCI-pnp. And presto, G400 on IRQ9, live! on 11, sb live emulation on 5. Not even one IRQ sharing.

Even if the mobo hasn´t the option to assign a IRQ to a pci slot, it should at least have the option I mentioned. It´s a matter of trial and error. Athlon mobo´s seem to have the strange behaviour of assigning IRQ5 to the video card. But with a little fiddling you can get it out from there.

Comment

Like Nuno said. Did something like that with MS 6167 and G400 (Marvel) and SB Live! Platinum
            [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
            Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
            Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
            Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
            Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

It's done that on all five SlotA MB's currently out. It's fine just leave it where it is.

------------------
              Designer of the first commercial Athlon mod.
              Anyone up for an Athlon800+? Email me (epc@netdirect.net) for more information

3000 mips, 1.172 gflops @ 900 mHz 1:3 latency w/ active cooling
              CPUmark99 75
              FPU Winmark 4890

3Dmark 99 Max (8x6 16, 16, triple) PD5.41, Athlon@850mHz

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Actually I was more trying to get Sb16 emulation to irq5 than to get that G400 out of there It´s hard to set up Blood and Duke Nuken sound config to a Sound Blaster in irq9... this was an unheard thing those days

Comment

Working...
                X