Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody experience with VIA133 and G400?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody experience with VIA133 and G400?

So im about to buy a new system:
    PIII 500E, overclokin' with
    some Via133 motherboard
    (has AGP multiplier 1/2)
    And of course G400+RRG.

Does anybody have experience with a VIA133 motherboard and G400/RRG? Potential problems or complete success? Any comments very welcome.

There has been a lot of problems with Abit-bx motherboards, i think, due to its power-management.

Yes I too would like to know. I am currently upgrading my system and have been looking at an Asus PV34X MOBO with the VIA Apollo Pro 133A chipset. Looking to use AGP 4x. Any info would greatly be appreciated.

I have a G400Max currently running on my:
    K6II/400, 5MVP3 MOBO (VIA), 128MB Ram & Sound Blaster Live!

Comment

I have an Aopen AX63pro and an G400sh 16mb
      it has been worthless so far i can't get busmastering to work in any d3d game
      the g400 worked great in an asus p2bf
      the aoopen mobo is great in every other way
      but this problem is very irritating
      this setup works great under win2k only not every game(crack)works under win2k
      cheers

Comment

I have an Aopen AX63pro and a Marvel G200. It works flawlessly, no problems at all with 3d or vid tools. I'm really glad I went Apollo Pro133 over BX. Also, I didnt feel like waiting for 133A cus agp 4x is just a bunch of hype. But dont even think about the Abit VA6, I know someone who has that board and it's a real POS.

Comment

I've got a "Advance 5/133" motherboard wich I think is using the chipset you are asking about.

Everything seems to be working ok...but I still got some tweaking to do.

When I playback DVDs or any kind of movie file...I'm getting blue pixels noise. Is anyone else experiencing thing??? Whats can I do to fix this problem???
          PIII-500, 128M RAMpc-100, ADVANCE 5/133 Motherboard, QuantumKA 18.2gig, QuantumST 6.4gig, Creative DVD-Rom 5x, Pioneer CD-Rom 12x, G400Max Dualhead, SB Live, Winmodem 33.6, NEC MultiSync E900+ 19" Monitor, Windows SE

Comment

mdm, what bios version are you using? You might want to update it to 1.12. Last time I checked this wasnt on the website, but it is on the ftp site. My board came with 1.12 so it wasnt an issue for me

Comment

Quick question about the VIA 113 and 133A Chipsets. Do BOTH have the 1/4 PCI divider? OR is it just the 133A with the feature. My only reason for getting a VIA board for me is to get 133x4.5 = 600mHz. I KNOW my hds can't handle this speed with a BX board..

Thanx

------------------
              PIII 450 @ 504
              generic BX motherboard
              G400 MAX : )
              Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 33
              Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 66
              Creative 36x CD-ROM
              HP 2x2x6x CD-RW
              64 megs PC100 RAM
              128 megs PC133 ECC RAM
              NetGear 10/100
              Soundblaster 32 AWE
              Diamond SupraExpress 56k
              Logitech Wireless Desktop (best $50 ive ever spent)
              1 92mm Sunon Fan
              4 80mm Sunon Fan's

Comment

Yeah, the 133 has 1/4 pci divider (as well as 1/2 agp divider). So you dont need the 133A unless you use AGP 4X.

Comment

I have a Chaintech motherboard with a VIA Apollo 133 chipset.

The AGP works fine at 2X, it seems to be slightly slower than an Intel chipset AGP slot, but nothing to get upset about.

UDMA66 works like a dream. The only problem I have had are with my tape drive and cd-writer which didn't like the VIA drivers (this is detailed on their website as a known issue). Cd-writer worked fine once the DMA setting was turned off and the tape drive I got fed-up with and changed for a SCSI one.

As far as the G400 it is working nicely.

Comment

I got the Ax63Pro w/ the G400Max. Everything seems fine, except i can't run my 3d apps. I dunno why..i posted for help but haven't heard back yet. I am going to try some other things to get it to work, but so far no luck.

Comment

I totally forgot about this. Get that program BIOS Tweak and you can access AGP and HD controller options that arent in the Aopen bios (and maybe the other brands as well). Just set everything to enabled and you should go well above BX performance.

Comment

Oops, i had it backwards, its TweakBios.
                        Get it here http://www.miro.pair.com/tweakbios/

[This message has been edited by Compton (edited 27 January 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                        X