Please, Please help!! DVD Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please, Please help!! DVD Problems

When I playback a dvd...Im getting blue pixel noise all over the video. Is this a known issue with the G400max...or am I the only one experiencing this??

Someone please help me on this topic...Im getting discouraged. One of my main reasons for buying the G400 was to have good DVD playback.

Help Help Help!!
    PIII-500, 128M RAMpc-100, ADVANCE 5/133 Motherboard, QuantumKA 18.2gig, QuantumST 6.4gig, Creative DVD-Rom 5x, Pioneer CD-Rom 12x, G400Max Dualhead, SB Live, Winmodem 33.6, NEC MultiSync E900+ 19" Monitor, Windows SE

I had this too. I tried for several weeks to fix the problem with no such luck. I tried different dvd players/decoders, different version of Matrox drivers (which was 5.30 then), and nothing worked. It wasn't until I re-installed Win98 fresh that the problem went away. I still can't say for certain what the problem was, but if you please post your system specs, drivers etc in this thread, someone will help you further.

xippo

xippo

Comment

My system is:

PIII 500
      Advanced 5/133 Motherboard
      128M Ram (pc100)
      18.2 gig Quantum KA
      6.4 gig Quantum ST
      Matrox G400Max
      Sound Blaster Live Retail
      Winmodem 33.6
      NEC MultiSync E900+ 19" Monitor

Im running on Win98b english

Could the problem be with the matrox dvd player?? I've uninstalled it...but sometimes it could have left a dvd decoder driver somewhere creating this problem.

I would really like to get to the bottom of this...I don't mind reinstalling as long as I'm garantied that it will be better once I do.

[This message has been edited by Solo22 (edited 23 January 2000).]
      PIII-500, 128M RAMpc-100, ADVANCE 5/133 Motherboard, QuantumKA 18.2gig, QuantumST 6.4gig, Creative DVD-Rom 5x, Pioneer CD-Rom 12x, G400Max Dualhead, SB Live, Winmodem 33.6, NEC MultiSync E900+ 19" Monitor, Windows SE

Comment

No, I don't believe problem is with the Matrox DVD player or decoder. I tried reinstalling, installing different player/decoders that I found on the net, even some movies that I own have thier own player/decoder that is available to install. Nothing seemed to make the artifacts on the screen better.

What version of the Matrox drivers are you using. You should try the latest from Matrox web site. Try the latest final release (5.41) and maybe the beta drivers (5.5 I believe).

I would wait to see if anyone here has any ideas before you re-install windows. There are alot of extremely intellegent people here.

But: If your not afraid to re-install. An good way to do it is this.
        Find all your drivers, etc and put in a directory.
        Create your Win98 startup disk.
        Boot from your startup disk.
        Rename your Windows directory to winold (C:\rename windows winold)
        Install Win98 to c:\windows (as you would normally)
        Once you have installed and if your system does the same thing, you can boot off your startup disk, rename your winold directory back to windows. All you have lost is your own time.

PS. Interesting website you have there. If you created those pictures, you are very talented.

good luck
        xippo

Comment

I installed the new matrox drivers "Version: 5.41.008" But I still have the same problem. Then I installed DirectX 7a...and that didn't work either.

Im running out of ideas

Is there anything else I can do?

(ohh by the way...yes...the images on my website were created by me)

Comment

Xippo...
            Are your DVD's playing fine now??

Did you install the Matrox DVD player since you reinstalled???

Did you install the same version of Win98???

There must be a solution somewhere.

Help

Comment

I had a similar problem but my colour was Yellow ... I did a full uninstall of the DVD player then a reinstall ... I think it had something to do with upgrading the DirectX to 7a ... it overwrote something somewhere ... with a reinstall it was all happy.

Comment

I've tried to uninstall and reinstall...but it didn't help. I had the same problem with and without directX7a.
                I get these blue pixels with DVD's and .mpg's
                I even get this problem while using Windows Media PLayer with .mpg .mov .avi

Does anyone have any ideas???

Comment

Yes, my dvd's are playing fine. No screen garbage at all.

Once I reinstalled, I did install the DVD player from the Matrox cd.

I installed Win98 SE.

I wish the best of luck to you in finding a solution. I know what you are going through, I tried everything.

xippo

Comment

It could possibly be that you have old drivers left behind from a previous display card.

Boot in safemode, and make sure there are no other Video Cards in the system properties

if there is remove them.

If you did have an older card in before the G400, try removing all the drivers, and inf files.

Comment

Nope...I didn't have any previous drivers.
                      I did a Format C: and a clean install of Win98se when I got my G400max.

I'm really getting discouraged...I cant seem to put my finger on the problem.

It seems to be an overlay problem...or something. (I don't really know if thats even possible..hehe)

For example...I see the "blue pixel noise" while playing any DVD or movie file...but If I take a screenshot of a DVD...the screenshot is crystal clear.

Anyone got any idea whats the cause of this problem???

Comment

Well...I tried another Clean install of Win98se to try and resolve the Blue Pixel Noise problem...But It didn't help

This is so frustrating. What else is there to try??

Comment

Working...
                        X