Why is vid tools for NT 4 still in beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is vid tools for NT 4 still in beta

Has Matrox stopped development on the drivers?. Ot doesnt Matrox want give support to video editing under NT?. I have been waiting for a new release many months. There are 2 things i want to be fixed.

1 I want to do YUV captures. Some say that it is possible under Windows 98 with newer vid tools.

2 When closing any capture program under Windows 2000 it gives me a blue stopscreen telling me "PROCESS HAS LOCKED MEMORY PAGES"

Here are few less important things.
    When choosing 352x576 the capture window looks scaled. When i want to output a AVI file to the TV output. I must first output my desktop to the TV output or else i only get a black screen on my TV when a play a AVI file. And since i cant output the desktop to my TV under Windows 2000 I cant play any AVI file on my TV.

I have a G200 Marvel. Does anyone know what has happened to the vid tools or found a solution to any of my problems. Is Beta 2 the last release for G200 Marvel?.

NT seems to be a real low priority for Matrox. It took near eternity to even get beta NT drivers out of them, don't expect release level drivers in the near future. I'd speculate to say that they plan to just make a 2000 driver, and say the heck with NT 4. This would be much easier for them given 2000's greater support for DirextX.

And the current drivers will blue screen 2000 because they're designed for NT 4.0, not Win2k.

John

Comment

Working...
    X